Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 2020 BMW M2c , 2020 LR Defender 110
Country flag
I'm not sure where you think that I admit that 265/35 stretches on a 10 inch wheel. Where do you see that? I simply pointed out that your idea that a slight stretch is somehow bad for your tires is incorrect. If you look at my pic, there is absolutely no stretch and that isn't even a tire that tends to run wide.

If you think the CTR has no stretch from the factory, I'm not sure you even know what you're looking at or talking about.

By "scrubbed" do you mean "rubbed" the fenders or wheel wells? I think you're confusing scrub radius with tire rub. I had absolutely ZERO rub because I know what I am doing.

Better suited running a 275? Go to a race track and tell really fast drivers that. :rolleyes:

You read too much instead of learning from experience. Keep googling and reading false info from other newbs and supposed wheel/tire fitments websites. They're pretty much all wrong. What you are not taking into account is that tire design as a whole including the tread width, shoulder, and sidewall ratio come into play when you are talking about stretch. On top of that, literally every tire brand and model of a 265/35 will be a different width. You also don't seem to grasp that offset matters a ton when talking about "fitting" a wheel and tire combo with rubbing, lowered, camber...etc.

Anyway, I am not getting paid to take you to school so I just recommend that you stop passing along misinformation as it just continues this cycle of ignorance.
Sponsored

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Neon SRT4, 2014 Hyundai Elantra, 2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I dunno jotun, a lot of people, to put it kindly, are full of fucking shit online about wheel fitment, and for you to imply after posting that picture that you never, ever rubbed, is a bit disingenuous.

We can see it. There are millimeters of clearance maybe. But hey if your suspension never ever compressed, and only compressed inward and not a milimeter vertically, sure I guess. But it kinda looks like you're selling a bag of bullshit and expecting people to buy it for their buck because you live that hella flush life.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dunno jotun, a lot of people, to put it kindly, are full of fucking shit online about wheel fitment, and for you to imply after posting that picture that you never, ever rubbed, is a bit disingenuous.

We can see it. There are millimeters of clearance maybe. But hey if your suspension never ever compressed, and only compressed inward and not a milimeter vertically, sure I guess. But it kinda looks like you're selling a bag of bullshit and expecting people to buy it for their buck because you live that hella flush life.

That was my daily driver with track days sprinkled in and it never rubbed. Fenders rolled without any pull, camber at -2.5 all around and sticky 265/35 tires. 18x10 +40 Volk TE37SL. The same set up that Forged Performance ran on their demo and track VA chassis. Unless you've modified a VA chassis with aggressive wheel fitment, I'd say that you don't have ground to stand on here.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And I'm saying flat out, either you lived with a suspension that essentially never compressed, and all dampening came from your tires, or I don't believe you.

I think most people looking at that pic, would also not believe you. Like I posted, people love posting "it never rubbed" with absurd setups.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Here you go good buddy...

https://t3hclap.com/archives/1657

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And I'm saying flat out, either you lived with a suspension that essentially never compressed, and all dampening came from your tires, or I don't believe you.

Read the article in previous post. I had some nice coilovers and they compressed plenty. Sorry to burst your bubble.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry dude but that isn't proof, it's just you saying "nuh uh" different. You can look at that picture, see how close the tire and fender are, and know that if the suspension compressed X amount, the two surfaces met.

I don't know why people bullshit about rubbing, but you kinda obviously are and then calling everyone being more rational poorly read.

To clarify: I don't think you're wrong, I think you're lying.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm sorry dude but that isn't proof, it's just you saying "nuh uh" different. You can look at that picture, see how close the tire and fender are, and know that if the suspension compressed X amount, the two surfaces met.

I don't know why people bullshit about rubbing, but you kinda obviously are and then calling everyone being more rational poorly read.

I didn't realize that you rode in that car with me. Call me a liar or whatever but I've been modifying vehicles with aggressive track fitments for a long time and have no problem admitting when there is rub. Rubbing is a simple fix. Clear the fender well some more be it rolling or plastics and add camber.

You probably also think that my track car rubbed.

Honda Civic 10th gen 18 x 10s? up front 3CCC46DE-0B42-4A5B-8888-5C68108932C2

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't realize that you rode in that car with me. Call me a liar or whatever but I've been modifying vehicles with aggressive track fitments for a long time and have no problem admitting when there is rub. Rubbing is a simple fix. Clear the fender well some more be it rolling or plastics and add camber.

You probably also think that my track car rubbed.

3CCC46DE-0B42-4A5B-8888-5C68108932C2.jpeg
If you went over some railroad tracks, or a bump, yeah sure looks like it.

It's ok to admit that you have a purpose built car, what isn't ok, is bullshitting people about the reality of the use case. But hey you do you.

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you went over some railroad tracks, or a bump, yeah sure looks like it.

It's ok to admit that you have a purpose built car, what isn't ok, is bullshitting people about the reality of the use case. But hey you do you.

No rubbing no matter what I ran over but you keep thinking you know better. Have any pics of cars that you have built? I'd love to see your experience since you seem to be confident enough to say that I am bullshitting people. Where I come from the accusations that you are throwing around are serious.

MisterC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No rubbing no matter what I ran over but you keep thinking you know better. Have any pics of cars that you have built? I'd love to see your experience since you seem to be confident enough to say that I am bullshitting people. Where I come from the accusations that you are throwing around are serious.
I am pretty confident yeah, I don't believe you and you can thrash and tantrum about it all you want.

Considering I have a type R with 18x9.5 on 265/35 and I'm pretty sure I've had it rub on a bump or two with stock suspension in both R mode and the more compliant comfort, you probably aren't going to convince me that even more agressive fitment won't chew up tires.

Save your car forum tough guy act for people who give a shit. It was already tired when you were on "lol u don't know how to set up cars everyone" it's beyond tired now.

Who are you, ctrmofos alt?

Jotun

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am pretty confident yeah, I don't believe you and you can thrash and tantrum about it all you want.

Considering I have a type R with 18x9.5 on 265/35 and I'm pretty sure I've had it rub on a bump or two with stock suspension in both R mode and the more compliant comfort, you probably aren't going to convince me that even more agressive fitment won't chew up tires.

Save your car forum tough guy act for people who give a shit. It was already tired when you were on "lol u don't know how to set up cars everyone" it's beyond tired now.

Who are you, ctrmofos alt?

Ok, so you haven't added camber by lowering or mods and you haven't altered the fender clearance. Maybe you should read and try to keep up. Keep enjoying your OEM suspension rubbing while my 18x9.5 + 38 with 265/35 track tires don't rub at all.

When you can bring some real knowledge to the table feel free to come back and act like an authority on the subject. Peace out, troll.
Sponsored