18" wheels that will be as close to stock ride/fitment.

Spectre4300s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Hi guys. I'm new to the forums, this is my first post. I have a Canadian EX Sedan WOP. I am planning on upgrading from the stock 16" wheels to some 18" aftermarket wheels, was looking at the Konig oversteer in opal colour. http://konigwheels.com/wheels/main-line-wheels/oversteer/. My question is basically I want to know what wheel width and offset should I go for the rims to keep ride and suspension dynamics as close to stock as possible, and rim size that would not mess-up the car electronic sensors, and of course no rubbing or tire hitting the wheel well if I hit bumps. I would also like a recommendation for tire size that compliments whatever 18 wheel specs you guys would recommend for as close to stock ride.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
If you want closest to stock stick with 7" width and 45 offset. If you go with the linked Konigs go with 45 offset not the 35. The 35 will look nice and fancy but it's putting the extra width on the outside of the wheel. Probably not your stock components favorite thing.
Seems a lot of people want to cram the widest tire possible on their Civic. I went with 215/45 which is about .6% change. 235/40 are a little closer to stock in height .25% They'll have a larger contact patch and less side wall. You'll have to weigh the pros/cons of that.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Spectre4300s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
If you want closest to stock stick with 7" width and 45 offset. If you go with the linked Konigs go with 45 offset not the 35. The 35 will look nice and fancy but it's putting the extra width on the outside of the wheel. Probably not your stock components favorite thing.
Seems a lot of people want to cram the widest tire possible on their Civic. I went with 215/45 which is about 1% change. 225/40 and 235/40 are a little closer to stock in height. They'll have a larger contact patch and less side wall. You'll have to weigh the pros/cons of that.
Hey guys thanks for the great info gives some where to start, much appreciated. Hal I was wondering with your 215/45 are you using a 18x8 45 offset wheel? Thanks

OP
OP

Spectre4300s

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex

hal9000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I was looking for as close to stock like you. I went with Honda HPD wheels. 18x7.5 45 offset. I prefer going with factory wheels to eliminate aftermarket lugs and fitting rings. These bolted up with stock lugs and are stock bore size.

There's a member on here with 18x8 wheels and 215/45 tires FKD6MTLX and has photos in his garage of the setup. Garage is Fred's Modern Steel Metallic 6mt. There's a little stretch but not too much.

Also this is a good site as well. It gives you a visual estimate of what various wheel/tire sizes will look like.
http://www.willtheyfit.com

sometimestwice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd say low pressure cast wheels, 18x7.5 high offset, 215/45/18 all season high performance tires. That's my first instinct. 18x8 jump up to 225 series. I personally think the 40 series look better on our cars but it may throw your speedo off
Sponsored