18 Si Coupe Alarm/Battery/Key Fob Problems

KWA18Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Before I get into the issue itself I want to share what has been done to the car because I am not sure if anything I have done could be causing anything. I am the original owner total 27k miles around 8-10k are miles with the below installed:

-PRL Intercooler w/charge pipes
-PRL CAI Race
-TSP Stage 1+ ETune
-HondaHack for Ktuner display on HDU

I also got bamboozled and didn't think to question or fight it, but there is an aftermarket brand KARR alarm system that "had to be installed" when they received the car.

The issue started 2 days ago. While I was at work my fiance called me and said the car alarm was going off (there wasn't any loud trucks or cars with bass passing when it happened) she took both key fobs and tried to silence the alarm, but the car wasn't responding. After the alarm timed out on its own she tried the key fobs some more and still no response. She even tried replacing batteries in both. When I got home I manually unlocked the car and tried to start the vehicle and it was trying to turn over, but didn't start and threw 4 codes on the screen which I can't remember what they exactly were: Electronic Brake Problem, Brake System Failure, Vehicle Stability Error and something else.

I called the dealership and they said with those errors it sounds like a bad battery. So I pulled the battery and tested voltage and it was 11.5v dc. So I went and got another battery and replaced it. The car started this time and displayed the message about rearming the alarm on the HUD by holding the power button. Shortly after another error popped up on the dash "Suspension Failure." After the car started the keyfobs were responding working with the car again, but not how it was before.

I had an appt to get to so I didn't have time to keep digging into it so I unplugged the battery and left. Later when I returned and reconnected the battery I was able to start the car, the key fobs were working, but not like they used to and this time the suspension error didn't show up. I drove the car for 20min and no errors popped up. It drove just fine. The tune was still there.

As far as the key fobs not working as before. I used to not be able to lock and set the alarm when the key was in the car. When I would unlock the car the headlights would come on, they dont anymore, but they do work when I turn them on from inside.

So then last night the car alarm went off again, no loud cars passing etc. And the fobs were not communicating with the car again. It was the middle of the night so I disconnected the battery and it is sitting at home until I am off work to try stuff again.

Really just trying to see if anyone has had the same issue or any ideas of what is going on, if it's anything I could do myself before taking it into the shop. I have seen other posts about the trunk lights staying on and then the fobs not working its similar to mine but not quite the same. Could the KARR system be messing something up? It's been on for 3 years and haven't had any issues before
Sponsored