RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Thanks for this - I am going to go with this sort of approach if I go smaller - get them custom with the 60 offset then I am in good shape. Those BC's look really good too!
I think so too! And so many styles and colors fk choose from. Even the Volks which are consider by many (even me) to be the gold standard are several hundred to 1k more. From what I've read on them I don't think I'm settling at all going BC Forged. Now I just need to decide on which style and color and specs lol
Sponsored

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i'm completely missing why the higher offset is desired? Does a higher offset, drawing the contact patches closer to the center, reduce torque steer? Who the hell has torque steer problems? My Si is sitting at ~320 WHP/WTQ and i've never found what little torque steer there is to be a big problem. heh, ever drive a mazda speed3?

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If anyone is interested, I'm going to be posting my 19" +60 FK2 wheels off of the previous gen Type R for sale soon.

Not only do they open up your tire options significantly, they weigh less than the FK8 stock'ers by a couple/few pounds. Win-win.
I imported them last year. They'll come with used Michelin Pilot AS3+ tires. No curb rash, but one installer did go pretty wild with an impact around the lugs. There is some scuffing and such present- an easy fix. Let me know if interested-

NapalmEnema

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 M2, 2022 Audi RS3, ex2019, now 2021Type R!
Country flag
i'm completely missing why the higher offset is desired? Does a higher offset, drawing the contact patches closer to the center, reduce torque steer? Who the hell has torque steer problems? My Si is sitting at ~320 WHP/WTQ and i've never found what little torque steer there is to be a big problem. heh, ever drive a mazda speed3?
The lack of torque steer is one of the more appealing aspects of this car. I've had other cars with torque steer, and while you can overcome it, there is nothing like just hammering it and driving instead of fighting the car imo. So I don't want to impact that stock 'straight as an arrow' feeling

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If anyone is interested, I'm going to be posting my 19" +60 FK2 wheels off of the previous gen Type R for sale soon.

Not only do they open up your tire options significantly, they weigh less than the FK8 stock'ers by a couple/few pounds. Win-win.
I imported them last year. They'll come with used Michelin Pilot AS3+ tires. No curb rash, but one installer did go pretty wild with an impact around the lugs. There is some scuffing and such present- an easy fix. Let me know if interested-
What Napalm said and to keep the driving dynamics the same as stock. you lose some feel going to an 18. And I want wider tires for Dat Grip

teders

First Name
Ted Dorosheff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Gotcha, so you want to improve grip with a wider wheel, which would also increase torque steer. So to compensate, you want both a wider wheel with a higher offset? Why not just stick with the more narrow wheel and just get a better tire? Where are you noticing a loss of traction? Lateral traction aka sliding or longitudinal traction aka wheelspin?

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Most of us are just being picky and won't settle lol I want a 19" rim so I can run a 35 series tires so I don't have to consciously worry about pot holes. But wider tires for grip. But also high offset like the stock rims at +60 to eliminate torque steer. So 9.5 width. And they have to be bronze and prefer lighter rims lol I can get all that in the BC Forged with a style I like. There's prob hundreds of rims I haven't seen but haven't come across any that move me to take my wallet out

fk8wah

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
SSR, Work, Weds, and bunch of other forged 3pc manufacturers offer custom setups you know. Work is best bet on cost wise; shouldn't run you much more than set of volks or similar wheels.

You can do some weird offsets due to the barrels. Ask your local 3pc guys what you want and they most likely can do it.

Most of us are just being picky and won't settle lol I want a 19" rim so I can run a 35 series tires so I don't have to consciously worry about pot holes. But wider tires for grip. But also high offset like the stock rims at +60 to eliminate torque steer. So 9.5 width. And they have to be bronze and prefer lighter rims lol I can get all that in the BC Forged with a style I like. There's prob hundreds of rims I haven't seen but haven't come across any that move me to take my wallet out

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
SSR, Work, Weds, and bunch of other forged 3pc manufacturers offer custom setups you know. Work is best bet on cost wise; shouldn't run you much more than set of volks or similar wheels
Yup, I was leaning BC Forged. ~2900 for a set. Need to look more into Work tho

fk8wah

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Yup, I was leaning BC Forged. ~2900 for a set. Need to look more into Work tho
Ask the BMW guys about BC, they always leak. Never really heard of people having issues with work or ssr leaking.

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ask the BMW guys about BC, they always leak. Never really heard of people having issues with work or ssr leaking.
Don't really care for Work style. I'll have to check out SSR. I've heard of the leaking but far and few between. I'll look into that more

fk8wah

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R
Country flag
Don't really care for Work style. I'll have to check out SSR. I've heard of the leaking but far and few between. I'll look into that more
I'm just giving you more options. You can always find a face you like and build around that. Just need to find a shop that can source you barrel and build it for you or do it yourself. You are open to crazy amount of options when you go 3pc as long as you find a face you like

RBrackett

First Name
Ramon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm just giving you more options. You can always find a face you like and build around that. Just need to find a shop that can source you barrel and build it for you or do it yourself. You are open to crazy amount of options when you go 3pc as long as you find a face you like
Yea the leaks I've seen were all the BC Forged 3 piece. But they seem they solved it with the 2pc. But I'm looking at their monoblock line. And it checks all the boxes for me. I'll deff be doing more research into them since I've never ran them before and it's not a little bit of money to just throw around