18 Civic Si Coupe Brake issue?? What's your pedal feel like?

civicsicoupe

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Hello!

Long story short. Had squishy brakes after having to stop suddenly. I would go out in the morning to start my car and the pedal would go to the floor. Took the car to the dealer for a bleed. Turns out, they couldn't get ANY fluid through the master cylinder and after they tried to bleed the system, I had NO brakes. They kept the car and replaced the master cylinder.

Finally got my car back; I jumped in it, and the pedal went to the floor. Okay, it sat overnight, whatever. I started the car and the brakes still seemed squishy. I talked to the counter guy and he pumped it a bunch "Nah man, they feel firm to me!" Me: "... of course they will feel firm when you pump them." I needed to get home, I live FAR away from the closest dealer, I'm out. I sat at a light, tried pushing the pedal down to the floor... Yup! she went all the way down and I tried pumping it to get some firmness. Still went to the floor after pumping it.

To clarify, I am NOT putting every ounce of my weight into this pedal. My experience with brake pedals has been that you have some throw and then it gets firm and eventually you will hit a wall of firmness (not the firewall lol). I had to do a sudden stop and I did not have confidence in my brakes. I have had loaners from the dealership and both had INCREDIBLY firm brakes. I mean, you tap, STOP. At one point the tech looked at my pads and said that he didn't measure them, but the looked fine.

Thoughts?? What is your brake pedal feel like?
Sponsored

Last edited:

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
My thoughts are that the brake lines were not bled properly and you got air somewhere. Should be on the dealership to get it right. Brakes that don’t function properly could get you killed.

plugWok

First Name
iLLMac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si
Country flag
My thoughts are that the brake lines were not bled properly and you got air somewhere. Should be on the dealership to get it right. Brakes that don’t function properly could get you killed.
+juan

Jason Baker

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Totally agreed!
Don’t fuck around.
Go back to the dealer and tell them to fix it.
Be safe
Sponsored