'18 Civic "beeps" when car is off and leaving...

ped626

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EXT
Country flag
So here is the situation. 80% of the time, when I turn off the car and leave, the car produces a beeping sound that sounds like when the car is running and you walk away with the key fob. Does anyone know what is causing this problem? What needs to be done to resolve this issue? I am at a point where I a just going to turn off all the alarm sounds.

45 second via attached...I had the car tuned on, turn off (show yo the key fob), get out and shut door...and there goes the chirp sound.

Any assistance or information is greatly appreciated.

Thanks you...
Sponsored

Attachments

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Usually that means that something isnt closed all the way. So its letting you know that its not going to lock the doors.

Lumenix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (HFP)
Country flag
I have the same problem on my 2018 Si Coupe. Annoying as all hell. I believe that the car cant “see” the fob after you close the door, either from local interference or weak signal. It will make the same noise when you close the door with the keys inside so I believe it’s related to where the car thinks the fob is in relation to the vehicle. possibly a software update could fix this?

SuperCyan

First Name
Xavian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Are those your headlights still on? Try turning them to auto or off before shutting car off/leaving. I generally just leave my headlights on auto, but the rare chance I put them on manually and then shut the car off it does a different and constant beep telling me the headlights are still on. Odd that it's giving you the "can't detect the fob" beeps

sLing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Leaving the light on should only triggers interior beeps.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
I'm only posting this since I haven't seen it posted yet.

I would install a fresh battery in the fob just to rule that out as an issue.
Sponsored