First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L, 2015 Honda Accord Touring V-6
Country flag
This is my first post so go easy on me.

When I purchased the car last fall, it came with new tires but the previous owner had painted the stock wheels a matte silver color and it was looking rough, flaking badly. Since I'm not a fan of the stock EX-L wheels to begin with, I began the hunt for upgrades. I wanted to stay OEM (Acura/Honda), stock size (new tires) and because I'm a sucker for clean black wheels they had to be black (gloss preferred). I also didn't want to fork over $1000 for a new set. I ended up finding a set of 8th Gen Si wheels from an eBay wheel refinisher with great reviews that had been refinished and painted black. I saved a ton of money and they are identical to the 10th Gen accessory wheels ( 08W17-TEA-100 ). My old center caps fit perfectly of course.

Honda Civic 10th gen 17x7 Black Painted 8th Gen Si Wheels w/ Michelin Premier A/S on Black 2017 EX-L IMG_4650
Honda Civic 10th gen 17x7 Black Painted 8th Gen Si Wheels w/ Michelin Premier A/S on Black 2017 EX-L IMG_4651
Honda Civic 10th gen 17x7 Black Painted 8th Gen Si Wheels w/ Michelin Premier A/S on Black 2017 EX-L IMG_4654

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not a huge fan of black wheels on black cars. Having said that, those wheels are very nice. Good job. :thumbsup:

I also see you upgraded your tires to Michelin Premier A/S. Big improvement over the Firestones.

At this point since I see you also have a black grille, you may as well go ahead and chrome delete your door trim for a true black out look.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cindy_the_civic

cindy_the_civic

First Name
Ethan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-L, 2015 Honda Accord Touring V-6
Country flag
Thanks, y'all. I'm really happy with the look.

@gtman , yeah the Michelins are a HUUUUUGE improvement over the Firestones in so many ways. I have a set of Premier A/S's on my Accord w/ 50K miles on them now and they've been some of the best tires I've ever owned. I did consider the chrome door trim delete but after owning the car for almost a year now the door trim is growing on me. After the black wheels and grill, I think there are just the right amount of chrome accents left (Honda emblems/badges, lugs, door trim).
Sponsored