17 Si, brake fluid leak at 5500 miles

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si - aegean blue
2017 si coupe. At 5500 miles and maintenance light comes on (time to change oil). Purchased Mobil 1 oil & filter to do my own oil change. I jack vehicle up and while I'm removing the lower shield I notice it's all wet.

I removed under shield and started looking for the leak. There is fluid on many components (subframe, engine, steering rack, etc). My initial thought was engine oil leak. Upon searching, found my brake booster covered in brake fluid. Brake fluid running down the firewall etc. It's all over the place.

Take it to the dealer, and they say brake master cylinder is leaking :what:. The positive news is they are replacing it under warranty. The bad is it takes 5 days for part to arrive.

They told me it is safe to drive and they topped it off :thumbsdown:. I asked for a loaner since I don't trust a car with leaky brakes and was denied. Just thought I'd share and was wondering if anyone else had the issue.

Honda Civic 10th gen 17 Si, brake fluid leak at 5500 miles 20180521_230823_zps4tyfvllr

Honda Civic 10th gen 17 Si, brake fluid leak at 5500 miles 20180522_105820_zpsu8umle1u

Last edited:

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep an eye on it until it is fixed. Brake system and the clutch share the same fluid reservoir (or at least that is what the Civic OM says-not sure if the Si has the same set up). I am glad you caught it early. Stay safe.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
They told me it is safe to drive and they topped it off :thumbsdown:. I asked for a loaner since I don't trust a car with leaky brakes and was denied. Just thought I'd share and was wondering if anyone else had the issue.
that's horrible. Brakes are a safety item imo and they should have given you a loaner till its fixed.

Kizzie

First Name
Kong
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Fc1 Sedan
Country flag
I replaced mine myself (brake master cylinder ) after bleeding and 20 minute test drive, it still leaking. Any recommendations
Sponsored