Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Anyways if you're afraid of voiding warranty you should stay clear of ktuner/hondata. A lot of people will say it doesn't void and others will say it will void because of blah blah blah something act. The dealership can do whatever they want whether it was caused by a tune or not. It's not worth going into court for that so just play it safe and don't flash your ecu. You can probably do simple mods like an exhaust, PRL/27won CAI (do not get short ram pls), coilovers, wheels, and other stuff I can't think right now.
I want to talk about out this notion of tuning and modding voiding the warranty. Fact: Mods are not 100% guaranteed to void your warranty.

Mod to your heart and finances content. You'll have a car that's personalized, and in many cases, much better than stock. Just facts.

As far as dealing with dealers if you run into issues, here's another fact: Nothing is set in stone as far as what they'll do. Some are more mod friendly than others. I mean, there are dealers that might give you grief for basic mods like a cold air intake or lowering springs.

I've tuned my car, done some minor suspension upgrades, added a Stage 1 intake and tons of cosmetic mods. All my service work is done by the dealer. And no problems so far.

But here's one more fact. You have to mod your car knowing that it's possible you may have to pay out of pocket, if a problem arises. Again, nothing is set in stone but it's possible mods will void parts of your warranty coverage.

So there's your choice. Mod your car to improve it, knowing you could potentially run into warranty issues... or settle for keeping it stock.

My personal opinion is if you mod wisely, maintain your car and don't drive it like a maniac, you won't have any warranty concerns. The tuning reliability survey I run pretty much backs this up.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
I want to talk about out this notion of tuning and modding voiding the warranty. Fact: Mods are not 100% guaranteed to void your warranty.

Mod to your heart and finances content. You'll have a car that's personalized, and in many cases, much better than stock. Just facts.

As far as dealing with dealers if you run into issues, here's another fact: Nothing is set in stone as far as what they'll do. Some are more mod friendly than others. I mean, there are dealers that might give you grief for basic mods like a cold air intake or lowering springs.

I've tuned my car, done some minor suspension upgrades, added a Stage 1 intake and tons of cosmetic mods. All my service work is done by the dealer. And no problems so far.

But here's one more fact. You have to mod your car knowing that it's possible you may have to pay out of pocket, if a problem arises. Again, nothing is set in stone but it's possible mods will void parts of your warranty coverage.

So there's your choice. Mod your car to improve it, knowing you could potentially run into warranty issues... or settle for keeping it stock.

My personal opinion is if you mod wisely, maintain your car and don't drive it like a maniac, you won't have any warranty concerns. The tuning reliability survey I run pretty much backs this up.
Thank you! Looking over those.. .. wow.

That's basically all I want. I drive in eco mode to and from work or long distance travel. With some friends on the weekend spirited led foot taking some curvey roads or highway passes / pulls.

I am religious with oil changes and keeping and eye on brakes tires tred wear ect..

I dont race by any means but I enjoy some mild driving now and then. So a moderate tune.. cai.. really all I need to see that.. oh and better gas I guess... but with 40/45 highway you can afford it,
I'd be to worried to touch exhaust.. something slightly louder would be nice but.. what could I do legally for emissions and warranty?
Anyway thank you!

OP
OP
DamonPS

DamonPS

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 EX CVT Hatch
Country flag
Where can I find a strut bar for hatchbacks?

Looked on Amazon, carid, Ebay, other parts forums... they have sedans and type r's but non list comparability for hatchbacks... help?
Sponsored