Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I can s3nd a pic with something to compare depth i dont have q measure on me i dont think lol
Sponsored

OP
OP

vx_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Okay I found my measuring tape. It appears the deepest portion of the trunk tray containing the spare is 7 inches. which is at the back.

Hereā€™s a Touring Coupe:
1638122336411.jpeg

Hereā€™s an Si:
1638122344545.jpeg

Iā€˜d be willing to bet theyā€™re identical. Can you measure the depth of the spare tire well from inside the car? I can do mine, and we can compare notes. ??

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay I found my measuring tape. It appears the deepest portion of the trunk tray containing the spare is 7 inches. which is at the back.
So, mine was deepest more toward the center of the vehicle, at around 5 1/2" to 6" deep. I wonder if 1 1/2" is enough of a discrepancy? ??

Do you know anyone with an Si Coupe to which you can directly compare in-person?

OP
OP

vx_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I'd note that it was probably more like 6.75 inches more so than 7 as I was looking at it from a weird angle. Unfortunately I do not, outside of just going to a Honda dealership in my area and just asking to pull up next to an si they have there.

So, mine was deepest more toward the center of the vehicle, at around 5 1/2" to 6" deep. I wonder if 1 1/2" is enough of a discrepancy? ??

Do you know anyone with an Si Coupe to which you can directly compare in-person?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'd note that it was probably more like 6.75 inches more so than 7 as I was looking at it from a weird angle. Unfortunately I do not, outside of just going to a Honda dealership in my area and just asking to pull up next to an si they have there.
Yeah, we might need a more standardized way of measuring that both you and I can replicate. ?

OP
OP

vx_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I probably could stop at a Honda dealership on my way home from work tomorrow with a measuring tape and get underneath if necessary. I'm not necessarily attached to the trunk tray, but I also want to avoid making major bodily changes, out of cost awareness.

Yeah, we might need a more standardized way of measuring that both you and I can replicate. ?

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I probably could stop at a Honda dealership on my way home from work tomorrow with a measuring tape and get underneath if necessary. I'm not necessarily attached to the trunk tray, but I also want to avoid making major bodily changes, out of cost awareness.
You think they have as Si coupe laying around they'll let you measure? GL!

OP
OP

vx_jedi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
I could look for one ahead of time, but I also don't see why not? I sold Chevys for a few years and wouldn't think twice about someone doing that on our lot haha.

You think they have as Si coupe laying around they'll let you measure? GL!

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
yours def comes lower then mine,

Tyler.iguess

Banned
Banned
First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si coupe
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Yeah, I was under that impression since the si just comes with a tire repair kit, right? What do you suppose is the best course of action then?
Tbh i think custom going around the sides has been done before. But id stick with the sode exits. They do look badass imo.
Sponsored