First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
there was a bulletin for some of our cars, i had a higher mileage i think 17 civic , had a nasty clunking/ clicking similar to this, replaced axles and noise was gone...cant remember if 2.0 or 1.5
Sponsored

OP
OP

SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX CVT
Country flag
The passenger side axle shaft bearing was replaced about a month ago. Although the front end seems to be "less chatty" I won't know for sure if the sound is gone until this Fall when the temps drop.

remusrm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic LX 6spd
Country flag
yep... does seem to be the axel... I noticed on mine that the left axel has more play before it engages with the gear when you have wheels off the gruond and rotate the wheels back in forth!

OP
OP

SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Quick update - replacing the axle shaft bearing had no effect on this noise.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Is this a normal amount of sound/play? The passenger side feels stiffer and is quieter. After driving the car around, I can't get any noise when I try pulling on it.
I am having the exact same noise. Is this amount of movement normal? Or is this the cause of the sound?

OP
OP

SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am having the exact same noise. Is this amount of movement normal? Or is this the cause of the sound?
My dealer told me it is "normal axle click-clack" I've given up trying to get my issue resolved. Whatever part is making the noise will eventually completely fail or fall off of the car, I guess.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
My dealer told me it is "normal axle click-clack" I've given up trying to get my issue resolved. Whatever part is making the noise will eventually completely fail or fall off of the car, I guess.
Yeah that's a no go for me. If I'm going to drive thousands of miles I better know what's a good noise and what's not. That does not seem normal to me. Can easily be found out by taking a poll of other people and their axle movements. I'll be checking mine in a few days.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thanks for the update. As for mine, I've noticed a couple things that cause it to occur, it doesn't matter if I'm turning or not or just going straight, most of the time it happens is when I accelerate from an incline from either a dead stop or less than 5mph, and it's not just localized to 1st gear, heard it once from 2nd. It doesn't always happen when I'm going up an incline, but the times it does occur is always when there's some sort of incline. So I'm thinking it's either some sort of suspension component or some sort of mount that's causing the noise when more load is put on it due to the incline..
Did you ever figure it out?

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, the saga of this clunk continues. I was pulling out of a parking spot last night, turned the wheel to the right and then turned left and heard a very loud metallic snap/clunk coming from the driver's front wheel area. I've noticed recently that sometimes when I hit a crack in the road, I can FEEL a clunk in the dead pedal/floor (where you rest you left foot in a car with a CVT). I don't hear the noise, but I can certainly feel something. Also, I've been getting some off and on vibration in the steering wheel while driving recently too.
Did you ever figure it out?

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Sounds normal to me. This is coming from my experience of changing out honda axles before.

You guys should check out replacing your tranmission mount. I did, and it solved my problem, although my original mount looked fine.

FK7Build

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sounds normal to me. This is coming from my experience of changing out honda axles before.

You guys should check out replacing your tranmission mount. I did, and it solved my problem, although my original mount looked fine.
I’ve replaced both transmission and engine mounts. Took off the subframe Mount and it’s mint. Is it possible to over tighten the sway bar links?

jbrown

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag

shameless bump on this thread, but I cannot find any video or information on where the tran. mount is and or how to replace it. anyone have info on that?
Sponsored