SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX CVT
Country flag
OMG I have the same issue.

3-4 sec. mark.

I opened a thread and I just saw yours. Maybe the mods can merge them?
https://www.civicx.com/threads/clicking-noise-from-the-driver-side.21474/

glad I'm not the only one. But from my experience, seems like the sound occurs louder when the car has been driven. But...it has been colder lately and I feel like I am hearing the noise more than before, say summer or fall time. I'll check my lug nuts tomorrow.
That does sound similar. On mine, the sound goes away after I drive the car for a bit. Actually, the sound is only there when I first pull out of a parking spot after the car has been sitting for a while (like overnight). Cold weather makes the sound louder for me as well.
Sponsored

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
This morning, I lifted the car off the front wheels and put it in to gear and turned the wheels. Again, can't replicate it. I re-torqued the lug nuts, and I'll see how it's like when I drive it around tomorrow. I'm just gonna keep an eye on it for now, and see if it'll disappear once spring or summer rolls around.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
nope, still have the noise after re torquing the lug nuts. I swear, sounds like it’s coming from the pedal area.

OP
OP

SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
nope, still have the noise after re torquing the lug nuts. I swear, sounds like it’s coming from the pedal area.
Sometimes I think my sound is coming from the passenger front wheel area and other times I think it is coming from the bottom of the steering rack.

OP
OP

SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I dont have headphones to hear it but have you taken it to the dealer yet?
I got a slightly better video of the noise and cranked up the audio levels as high as I could. I'll be bringing my car in soon for an oil change and tire/wheel swap.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I got a slightly better video of the noise and cranked up the audio levels as high as I could. I'll be bringing my car in soon for an oil change and tire/wheel swap.
Hmm, sounds different than mine with the new audio.

OP
OP

SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yesterday, I went to the dealer for an oil change, to have my summer tires/wheels put on and to have this noise checked out. A couple of days ago, I emailed the second video to the service manager and he also passed it along to the "Honda tech-assistance hotline." After two hours, they weren't able to reproduce the sound (WHICH IS WHY I SENT A VIDEO!!!!), however, they adjusted/greased the "steering stops" and lo and behold, the sound was there when I left for work today. So frustrating. It is certainly something that is greased or has fluid that either stiffens up or settles in colder weather / when the car has been sitting for a while and then loosens up after the part gets moving a bit, at least in my opinion.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yesterday, I went to the dealer for an oil change, to have my summer tires/wheels put on and to have this noise checked out. A couple of days ago, I emailed the second video to the service manager and he also passed it along to the "Honda tech-assistance hotline." After two hours, they weren't able to reproduce the sound (WHICH IS WHY I SENT A VIDEO!!!!), however, they adjusted/greased the "steering stops" and lo and behold, the sound was there when I left for work today. So frustrating. It is certainly something that is greased or has fluid that either stiffens up or settles in colder weather / when the car has been sitting for a while and then loosens up after the part gets moving a bit, at least in my opinion.
Thanks for the update. As for mine, I've noticed a couple things that cause it to occur, it doesn't matter if I'm turning or not or just going straight, most of the time it happens is when I accelerate from an incline from either a dead stop or less than 5mph, and it's not just localized to 1st gear, heard it once from 2nd. It doesn't always happen when I'm going up an incline, but the times it does occur is always when there's some sort of incline. So I'm thinking it's either some sort of suspension component or some sort of mount that's causing the noise when more load is put on it due to the incline..

DoubleDown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Hatch 6MT
Country flag
I heard this on my car for the first time last night. I was in 2nd gear, rolling about 7-10 mph, and heard two clunks as I was turning right. First year model cars come equiped with a plethora of issues :(

OP
OP

SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I heard this on my car for the first time last night. I was in 2nd gear, rolling about 7-10 mph, and heard two clunks as I was turning right. First year model cars come equiped with a plethora of issues :(
I hear two clunks sometimes and only one other times. When it is above 50 degrees F, everything seems to be quiet for me.

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
I am hearing the same thing. Only when I turn left, and I think only when the wheels is coming from past dead center to left.

OP
OP

SpoolAndGo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am hearing the same thing. Only when I turn left, and I think only when the wheels is coming from past dead center to left.
Interesting. The same sound as my March 17th video? My noise has mostly gone away now that the temps are above 60 degrees F consistently. However, the front end still feels a bit loose to me so something is not right.

grifocx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Best I can tell it is the same sound. I have to pay attention and see if temps affect it. I plan on having the service department take a look anyway, just have not had time to make an appointment.

FreddyO

First Name
Freddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
It seems like it’s affecting 2018s also; i started noticing a sound yesterday every time i turn the wheel. It’s coming from the steering wheel itself like a creaking sound (not very loud but noticeable). Did either of you travel long distance before it occurred?
Sponsored