17 Civic Si vs Ecoboost S550 vs 2.0T Camaro

DoobieCloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ext
Im stuck in a major dilemma. I currently own a 17 ex-t with a cvt ..... boring and yes it is tuned with ktuner stage2 but no matter what in the next month or two I am going to be switching to either a new CBP Si or an ecoboost mustang or the 2.0T camaro. All three body styles are very appealing to me , my favorite is the Si but the camaro and mustang are really nice also. Im just stuck on what to pick simply because of our 1.5T in our car is small but it can be pretty beastly of a small engine for it being internally stock and the turbo being stock. And what PRL is doing is amazing and VitViper as well . Are there any members here who have experience owning either an ecoboost mustang or the two liter camaro? If so feed back would be greatly appreciated since I am biased towards the Si right now but I don't want to make a commitment with the Si and take a loss as I am going to be taking a small loss trading in my car for one of the three I mentioned. The ecoboost seems to have a decent amount of aftermarket options and so does the camaro. I have barely started looking on the other forums for the mustang and camaro too see if there is anything to persuade me over the other. Thanks in advance.
Doobie
Sponsored

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan

who8myrice

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150 memeboost
Either way I am sure you will find flaw in all 3cars. But mustang and camaro are sports car(or pony whatever you want to call it) vs sporty car. If OP wants to go far as bolt on tune, civic will be left in dust. L

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Last edited:

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Im stuck in a major dilemma. I currently own a 17 ex-t with a cvt ..... boring and yes it is tuned with ktuner stage2 but no matter what in the next month or two I am going to be switching to either a new CBP Si or an ecoboost mustang or the 2.0T camaro. All three body styles are very appealing to me , my favorite is the Si but the camaro and mustang are really nice also. Im just stuck on what to pick simply because of our 1.5T in our car is small but it can be pretty beastly of a small engine for it being internally stock and the turbo being stock. And what PRL is doing is amazing and VitViper as well . Are there any members here who have experience owning either an ecoboost mustang or the two liter camaro? If so feed back would be greatly appreciated since I am biased towards the Si right now but I don't want to make a commitment with the Si and take a loss as I am going to be taking a small loss trading in my car for one of the three I mentioned. The ecoboost seems to have a decent amount of aftermarket options and so does the camaro. I have barely started looking on the other forums for the mustang and camaro too see if there is anything to persuade me over the other. Thanks in advance.
Doobie
Hard to compare rear wheel drive Camaro or Mustang fwd sporty econo car. You should drive all three. You have far more options available on ford and chevy . The Ford and chevy are bigger cars that will have different dynamics on road as well. Aftermarket for those cars is better currently. Honda will always kill them in mpg . They will kill honda in straight line acceleration . Honda if you don't tune it etc will be more reliable. Suspect you can deal much better on ford and chevy too. Likely couple to a few thousand under dealer invoice as opposed to around invoice for Si. There is only so much you can do to honda motor before it becomes a ticking time bomb - 250 hp is about as much as I'd pump up little Si motor. Suspect the larger Ford and camaro can go to 350 hp without risking much. Although Ford motor is blowing head gaskets with higher boost. Handling is surprisingly good in all these cars. It's not as easy any more to say honda is better handling car. Handling of rear verses fwd car is completely different. I wanted a sporty second car that gets good mpg and Honda si fit the bill. If it was my primary likely would have picked up a Mustang. If I was only choosing between those three.

OP
OP

DoobieCloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ext
Thank you everyone that replied. You guys have helped me out a lot and definitely helped me have a second even third opinion . Right now Im just going to keep my current civic and finish paying it off and continue looking for something else.

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
That's the cheapest route!:thumbsup:

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S
The performance Package Ecoboost Mustang is actually slower than an SI around VIR. 3:15.6 vs 3:14.6

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/honda-civic-si-at-lightning-lap-2017-feature

http://www.caranddriver.com/features/ford-mustang-ecoboost-at-lightning-lap-2015-feature

My 2 issues with the (4 cylinder)Mustang are it is grossly overweight (700 more pounds)and can be expensive 39K tested. A base 5.0 would be a much better choice.
for 39K(must be fully loaded) you should get a 5.0 I'm looking at a NEW 2017 Premium GT with Performance package and Upgraded sound system for 37K.

The Eco boost can be had a little more than an SI, and just a tune on the Perf Pkg will get them into the low 13's. Toss on a nice handling pack and you're faster and handling better than an Si, but the Si will also be a few K cheaper at that point.
Sponsored