17 civic ex hatchback exhaust

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Its what they recommended.
Hey there, So I contacted my local muffler shop about the pricing, he said to add mufflers its gonna be $250 with tax and to add chrome tips it ranged $20-75 per tip. If you dont mind me asking was that kinda around the ball park of what you ended up paying for? And I forgot if he said the pricing included was per muffler or for both mufflers? Thanks a bunch

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Hey there, So I contacted my local muffler shop about the pricing, he said to add mufflers its gonna be $250 with tax and to add chrome tips it ranged $20-75 per tip. If you dont mind me asking was that kinda around the ball park of what you ended up paying for? And I forgot if he said the pricing included was per muffler or for both mufflers? Thanks a bunch
If they're install dual Magnaflows, I assume that is a per muffler cost as the mufflers themselves run close to $100 a piece. On my car they did a complete axle-back install. new piping, mufflers, and tips. Mine was $550 for everything including labor. Took them about 4 hours to complete from my dashcam timestamps. They also painted everything to the tips black. Apparently that's something they do there.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
If they're install dual Magnaflows, I assume that is a per muffler cost as the mufflers themselves run close to $100 a piece. On my car they did a complete axle-back install. new piping, mufflers, and tips. Mine was $550 for everything including labor. Took them about 4 hours to complete from my dashcam timestamps. They also painted everything to the tips black. Apparently that's something they do there.
oh dear, that costs an arm and a leg LOOL.

Was the axle-back a recommendation from your shop?

At first when I called my muff shop he told me that most of civics that are at his shop do a muff delete since adding new muffs will sound very quiet, But I was thinking if i add a new muffs like yours in a day or two it should change note

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
oh dear, that costs an arm and a leg LOOL.

Was the axle-back a recommendation from your shop?

At first when I called my muff shop he told me that most of civics that are at his shop do a muff delete since adding new muffs will sound very quiet, But I was thinking if i add a new muffs like yours in a day or two it should change note
It’s what the recommended for what I was trying to achieve. The other option would have been a cat-back that would have been substantially more expensive. This route I still have the option of deleting the resonator if I’m wanting a louder sound.

And the mufflers definitely took a few days to open up their sound. So don’t be disappointed right away. They will get louder and deeper after a few hundred miles.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
It’s what the recommended for what I was trying to achieve. The other option would have been a cat-back that would have been substantially more expensive. This route I still have the option of deleting the resonator if I’m wanting a louder sound.

And the mufflers definitely took a few days to open up their sound. So don’t be disappointed right away. They will get louder and deeper after a few hundred miles.
Thanks a bunch for your help man! Ill keep you updated when I get them done! :)

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag

Well I went to the the shop today in person, they kept recommending me to do muff delete since our cars are so quiet but I said I wanted to add magnaflow mufflers since I just wanted it to be a little louder than stock. I was quoted 425 plus tax, I told them I saw a video online of yours and liked the sound. They suggested me to get pics to get a better understanding. Do you got any pics of your install?

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Well I went to the the shop today in person, they kept recommending me to do muff delete since our cars are so quiet but I said I wanted to add magnaflow mufflers since I just wanted it to be a little louder than stock. I was quoted 425 plus tax, I told them I saw a video online of yours and liked the sound. They suggested me to get pics to get a better understanding. Do you got any pics of your install?
I’m off the next few days. I’ll try and grab some pics and toss them up here. That seems like a pretty good price. It’s an Axle-back setup if they’re wanting to know. The shop painted the work they did black. It’s just something they do for some reason. It looks fine that way actually. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Edit: Actually, got some pics taken. Forgive the dirty car. I’ve been on a four 12h work day stretch.

Honda Civic 10th gen 17 civic ex hatchback exhaust A4B84EA7-CD16-4FCB-8AC7-C7E9AFD22748

Honda Civic 10th gen 17 civic ex hatchback exhaust 9F12533A-C2E5-4B4C-A586-83084F3F6286

Honda Civic 10th gen 17 civic ex hatchback exhaust BAEF8605-AB1E-4503-844C-29E7967CA481

Last edited:

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I’m off the next few days. I’ll try and grab some pics and toss them up here. That seems like a pretty good price. It’s an Axle-back setup if they’re wanting to know. The shop painted the work they did black. It’s just something they do for some reason. It looks fine that way actually. I’ll post pics tomorrow.

Edit: Actually, got some pics taken. Forgive the dirty car. I’ve been on a four 12h work day stretch.

A4B84EA7-CD16-4FCB-8AC7-C7E9AFD22748.jpeg

9F12533A-C2E5-4B4C-A586-83084F3F6286.jpeg

BAEF8605-AB1E-4503-844C-29E7967CA481.jpeg
Thank you for the quick response! I have done some research & googling and correct me if im wrong but axle back is exhaust tip,muffler, and then the pipping that the connects the other part of the to the muffler.

I'm gonna probably hit up another shop as well just to get some more feedback and show them the pics. I have a hatchback model but I think the set up should be basically the same since we have the same 1.5 L Turbo.

Sounds like a very hectic work schedule. take it easy my man:headbang::beer:

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Thank you for the quick response! I have done some research & googling and correct me if im wrong but axle back is exhaust tip,muffler, and then the pipping that the connects the other part of the to the muffler.

I'm gonna probably hit up another shop as well just to get some more feedback and show them the pics. I have a hatchback model but I think the set up should be basically the same since we have the same 1.5 L Turbo.

Sounds like a very hectic work schedule. take it easy my man:headbang::beer:
Essentially. It’s from the rear axle to the end of the tips. On the Civics it’s where you see the exhaust branch out before the mufflers. All the black portions of the exhaust on my pictures.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Essentially. It’s from the rear axle to the end of the tips. On the Civics it’s where you see the exhaust branch out before the mufflers. All the black portions of the exhaust on my pictures.
Do you think the method you went with generates the same if not more sound than having an aftermarket muffler with tips?

Today I went to a new muffler shop got some price estimates a lot cheaper than the one I went to yesterday. The employee there was nice enough to unbolt my muffler to see what it would sound like if I got a muffler delete since he also said that by going with aftermarket muffler will sound the same like stock. and I must say the sound at start was really nice, had a deep growl, but i think its a little too loud for my taste upon revving the engine haha:confused:

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Do you think the method you went with generates the same if not more sound than having an aftermarket muffler with tips?

Today I went to a new muffler shop got some price estimates a lot cheaper than the one I went to yesterday. The employee there was nice enough to unbolt my muffler to see what it would sound like if I got a muffler delete since he also said that by going with aftermarket muffler will sound the same like stock. and I must say the sound at start was really nice, had a deep growl, but i think its a little too loud for my taste upon revving the engine haha:confused:
As far as volume, it is slightly louder than stock. The Magnaflows will create a different tone than the stock mufflers. Definitely deeper. A delete will sound nice at idle because the engine isn’t under throttle. It will be very loud when driving.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
As far as volume, it is slightly louder than stock. The Magnaflows will create a different tone than the stock mufflers. Definitely deeper. A delete will sound nice at idle because the engine isn’t under throttle. It will be very loud when driving.
Yeah definitely looking for more of a tone at idle but as for driving i want little to no noise. With the delete it sounded pretty loud while revving.

MrCivicHatch12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Just had magnaflow mufflers done on my car and I love the it! Definitely gives it that kick at start up. Will post pics tomorrow! :)