'17 BRZ/86 vs '17 Civic Si

grantsjc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
I haven't ever driven BRZ as Im 6'4" and 275 lbs. however I own a 2010 Porsche Cayman S and a 2015 Porsche Boxster S. Cayman S is a 6 speed and Boxster has a PDK . I bought a 2017 Si as a cheap $23k commute toy.

Si is a very impressive package. For me Si ergonomics, nice mid range torque, sweet shifting 6 speed , 38 mpg Hwy and great handling dynamics sold me. Oh and I fit with a helmet on! Honda feels surprisingly similar to Boxster S in some ways. Hate to admit it but like shifter in Honda way better than the Cayman and I like brakes better in Honda too.

And yes while ultimate performance of Porsches are way better and ride quality is superior the feel of the honda on the road for me is more fun. Feels lighter and like way controls feel in the Honda. Honda is safer than Brz and its way easier to grab big horsepower with a tune in the Honda compared to brz . Run a + 6 psi tune and brz will be in your rear view mirror.

I had a 370Z nismo and a NC Miata too and like Si better than those cars too. Rear wheel drive is over rated especially with magic Honda engineers have put into this chassis and suspension.

Extra doors and huge trunk of Si smack down the BRZ too. Lol!
Sponsored

kseriesparts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Integra Type-R, 02 RSX Type-S, 2016 Honda Accord v6, 2000 Integra GSR
Country flag
I raced my friends modded FR-S in my stock GS-R Sedan and he barely won. I am not sure if any of you have driven a B series before, they have no power. He was very disappointed and sold the car when he could not get good lap times at the local track.