Toaster

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe in Energy Green
Country flag
Anyone know of any company making a downpipe and/or front pipe for the 2.0 liter naturally aspirated engines? All I'm really seeing out there is for the 1.5 turbo engines. Any info would be great!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Toaster

Toaster

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
Thank you so much man! Now I just need to find a front pipe..
Edit:I already have a catback exhaust so do I technically even need a catted downpipe? A bit new to exhaust modding so any advice/knowledge is helpful.
Yes, the only 2.0l mods that are available that are confirmed to increase power grains are the KTuner and RV6 Downpipe (catless or catted, but catless might be a tad faster at the expense of failing inspection and toxic odors).

The AEM or one of the other aftermarket Intakes apparently provide negligible or possibly non-existent gains, along with the Invidia or other aftermarket exhausts which I've read conflicting reports on regarding power gains.

Member @DarkLight reported they were able to fabricate a custom frontpipe for their 2.0l by cutting and welding a portion of the Invidia 1.5T 60mm front pipe to a section of the OEM frontpipe. Check it out here: https://www.civicx.com/threads/rv6-looking-for-2-0l-downpipe-beta-testers.16937/page-28#post-621024

OP
OP
Toaster

Toaster

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes, the only 2.0l mods that are available that are confirmed to increase power grains are the KTuner and RV6 Downpipe (catless or catted, but catless might be a tad faster at the expense of failing inspection and toxic odors).

The AEM or one of the other aftermarket Intakes apparently provide negligible or possibly non-existent gains, along with the Invidia or other aftermarket exhausts which I've read conflicting reports on regarding power gains.

Member @DarkLight reported they were able to fabricate a custom frontpipe for their 2.0l by cutting and welding a portion of the Invidia 1.5T 60mm front pipe to a section of the OEM frontpipe. Check it out here: https://www.civicx.com/threads/rv6-looking-for-2-0l-downpipe-beta-testers.16937/page-28#post-621024
I recently installed the invidia catback and I got some noticeable change but its minor really. So as I'm new to modding exhaust, I have a few questions. So if I have a catback exhaust on it already, I don't need to have a catted downpipe correct? Or do I need a catted downpipe as well to pass inspection? I had a friend from england who owns a modded 370z nismo and a modded brz tell me that I don't need a catted downpipe to pass inspection in the US if I already have a catback exhaust as far as he knew. He said he could be wrong though lmao.

Ben0012

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX Sedan 2.0 CVT
Country flag
I recently installed the invidia catback and I got some noticeable change but its minor really. So as I'm new to modding exhaust, I have a few questions. So if I have a catback exhaust on it already, I don't need to have a catted downpipe correct? Or do I need a catted downpipe as well to pass inspection? I had a friend from england who owns a modded 370z nismo and a modded brz tell me that I don't need a catted downpipe to pass inspection in the US if I already have a catback exhaust as far as he knew. He said he could be wrong though lmao.
Most states require a visual inspection to confirm a catlytic converter is on the car. You're in Maine and I believe they require one. From what I hear its a 30 to 45 minute switch so you can run the catless and keep the old equipment and do a quick switch b4 inspection. Since RV6 is making a catted I'd wait to see what the power numbers are, may be worth getting the catted version and not worry about it.
Sponsored