16 honda civic fog lights

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Passenger side holes are likely only there for the horn. Otherwise, it's highly likely neither side would have holes.
Sponsored

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have aftermarket fogs, and have holes on both sides.
I've seen them come both ways.
I think the ones that have no holes on the drivers side are meant to replicate the Honda Sensing unit.

CharlyWingate

First Name
Charly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
Hmmm okay interesting. I was just afraid of airflow not coming through to the fog lights on the one without holes.

aymehr

Ari
First Name
Ari
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys quick question my kit came like this and the seller is saying that the passenger side comes like this, is that accurate? I thought both sides were supposed to have open holes.

7ED701CD-925D-4852-AB33-2CBCD4BC750D.jpeg
It's for the horn as some states require the automakers to make it like that.

ohnay

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

So I'm having some issues installing aftermarket fog lights I bought off of amazon, pretty sure its the same ones that were posted previously in this forum. I'm almost certain that the relay and/or the switch was wired up incorrectly, so when I try to plug it all into the factory plugs on the car, it does not work. I'm getting power to the switch, but nothing to the lights. I've confirmed that the lights themselves work by hooking them up straight to the battery.

So now just to eliminate all said issues, I'm thinking of wiring them up straight to the headlights with a relay so that way it has its own power source, and to eliminate the switch issue. The relay would get power from the headlights, and i would take a direct power lead from the battery to the relay with a fuse which would power the lights. I'm not 100% certain on how relays work but my general understanding is that you have two power sources, one to power the relay, one to power the accessory, a ground, and one connection to the accessory itself. What are your thoughts? Would this work?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips!

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
Hi Everyone,

So I'm having some issues installing aftermarket fog lights I bought off of amazon, pretty sure its the same ones that were posted previously in this forum. I'm almost certain that the relay and/or the switch was wired up incorrectly, so when I try to plug it all into the factory plugs on the car, it does not work. I'm getting power to the switch, but nothing to the lights. I've confirmed that the lights themselves work by hooking them up straight to the battery.

So now just to eliminate all said issues, I'm thinking of wiring them up straight to the headlights with a relay so that way it has its own power source, and to eliminate the switch issue. The relay would get power from the headlights, and i would take a direct power lead from the battery to the relay with a fuse which would power the lights. I'm not 100% certain on how relays work but my general understanding is that you have two power sources, one to power the relay, one to power the accessory, a ground, and one connection to the accessory itself. What are your thoughts? Would this work?

Thanks in advance for any help or tips!
Hooked up to the battery? Does your car have the OEM plug near the washer fluid tank? If your has that it will be straight plug and play no splicing or hooking up to the relays.

ohnay

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Hooked up to the battery? Does your car have the OEM plug near the washer fluid tank? If your has that it will be straight plug and play no splicing or hooking up to the relays.
It does and the kit I got hooked up perfectly to the connection by the washer fluid tank and the inside of the car. But it still isn't powering on. I get power to the switch, but nothing to the lights. I'm pretty sure its the switch and relay that is wired incorrectly on the wiring harness. I even played around with it and jumped a few wires on the relay and the lights came on, but the switch wasn't working at that point. So now I'm just thinking of completely wiring it myself

CivicPlease

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sedan
Country flag
It does and the kit I got hooked up perfectly to the connection by the washer fluid tank and the inside of the car. But it still isn't powering on. I get power to the switch, but nothing to the lights. I'm pretty sure its the switch and relay that is wired incorrectly on the wiring harness. I even played around with it and jumped a few wires on the relay and the lights came on, but the switch wasn't working at that point. So now I'm just thinking of completely wiring it myself
Then yeah if you tried the OEM plugs already rewiring it will solve it. Since you said the lights turned on when you played around with it it can't be the relay itself.

KYRGYZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Civic LX, 18 Model X 100D
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
is bumper needed to be removed? or can be done with bumper on? also, does that kit useful at night? like really lights up the road?

Deezy

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Sedan 6MT (FC2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
is bumper needed to be removed? or can be done with bumper on? also, does that kit useful at night? like really lights up the road?
Taking off the bumper is the only way.
As far as the light output, don't expect to be wowed with the halogen bulbs. Your better off upgrading to LED.

ohnay

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
This might help you as i had the same problem

EWMLW36 (1).jpg
I did not add a fuse in that slot, that may be my problem. I added the 15amp fuse that is under the hood thats labeled "Fog lights". I'll try one more time before I start cutting up wires. Thanks!

ohnay

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Just an update: I got the fog lights working. Just used a relay with power from the battery and a lead from the headlights so they turn on with the headlights.
Sponsored