16 Civic AC Not Working

hickwithacivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
great news, we are as well having A/C issues now that the warm weather is here.. car is a year and a half old and having issues.. what happened to Honda quality?

2016 Honda Civic EX
38,000 KM
Sponsored

OP
OP
rparkington

rparkington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I had mine at the dealership today. New compressor on order but can’t me back in until May 11th to actually fix it. Apparently this is a common problem right now.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I had mine at the dealership today. New compressor on order but can’t me back in until May 11th to actually fix it. Apparently this is a common problem right now.
No warm weather coming before may 11th :thumbsup:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup. Has been since last year. I noticed a resonance/whistle from, I'm guessing, my compressor. Still blows cold right now and I took it in but apparently they didn't hear it. At least I have it documented.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had mine in 2 weeks ago. The tech refilled it and it was working again at first but just in the past few days it's started blowing warm air again. There's also a hissing sound coming from my vents while it's on. I have an appointment at 8am tomorrow to have it looked at again so I'll see what happens. Kinda getting fed up of this car. I've had so many annoying issues with it in the past year. I've had my 2013 Civic for 5 years and it hasn't had a single problem.

I'm really considering swapping this car for a 2016/2017 Accord.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had mine in 2 weeks ago. The tech refilled it and it was working again at first but just in the past few days it's started blowing warm air again. There's also a hissing sound coming from my vents while it's on. I have an appointment at 8am tomorrow to have it looked at again so I'll see what happens. Kinda getting fed up of this car. I've had so many annoying issues with it in the past year. I've had my 2013 Civic for 5 years and it hasn't had a single problem.

probably have a hole in a hose or the compressor itself. Thats what mine did. Was shooting the 1234yf right out of the compressor. Also dont trade for 16/17, they are soulless cars to drive after being in turbo car. Look at the new Accord. so much more refined than the old Accord or even our civics.

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Shit, I hope this isn't the path I'm on, too. I'm not blowing warm air (yet), took mine in in March, but I only use my A/C if it's 90F/32C or higher.

I just don't understand how in 2016 a manufacturer can't even get such a basic concept reliable nailed down. Especially when all the electronic stuff *is* working fine for me.

probably have a hole in a hose or the compressor itself. Thats what mine did. Was shooting the 1234yf right out of the compressor. Also dont trade for 16/17, they are soulless cars to drive after being in turbo car. Look at the new Accord. so much more refined than the old Accord or even our civics.
Did your dealer give an estimate even though you were still under warranty? I'm thinking this may unfortunately be in my future later on this summer. My evac/refill was with literally 50 miles left on my warranty in March.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What ended up happening? They just replaced the compressor? I just hope I don't have to wait long for them to get the problem fixed. Driving a car with no AC in summer weather is unbearable.

About the Accord. I get what you mean if we're talking about the 2.4 with the CVT. But I'm interested in a V6 Touring coupe.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Shit, I hope this isn't the path I'm on, too. I'm not blowing warm air (yet), took mine in in March, but I only use my A/C if it's 90F/32C or higher.

I just don't understand how in 2016 a manufacturer can't even get such a basic concept reliable nailed down. Especially when all the electronic stuff *is* working fine for me.

It's a pretty dumb thing to lose reliability points over. Air conditioning isn't exactly new technology

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
" It's a pretty dumb thing to lose reliability points over. Air conditioning isn't exactly new technology "

Technology are rarely the issue in car, it is the cheap material for cost cutting or to make car lighter

OP
OP
rparkington

rparkington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I had mine in twice. The first time they changed the compressor. It blew cold for the first couple weeks and then died again. I called them and they said to bring it back so I took it in 15 minutes later. They said it was overcharged. They took some of the refrigerant out and it seems to be ok now. Hopefully this isn’t a recurring theme. I leased it and got the extended warranty so this won’t cost me anything but it is a pain in the ass.

nothome17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 is 350 F
Country flag
Hopefully this isn’t a recurring theme. I leased it and got the extended warranty so this won’t cost me anything but it is a pain in the ass.
Must be a long term lease to have extended warranty. Common issue with Honda/Acura compressors failing.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I had mine in twice. The first time they changed the compressor. It blew cold for the first couple weeks and then died again. I called them and they said to bring it back so I took it in 15 minutes later. They said it was overcharged. They took some of the refrigerant out and it seems to be ok now. Hopefully this isn’t a recurring theme. I leased it and got the extended warranty so this won’t cost me anything but it is a pain in the ass.
Yeah I have the extended warranty too, but the idea of having wonky AC that can suddenly stop working in the middle of summer is making me not want to drive this car anymore
Sponsored