16 Civic AC Not Working

rparkington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Warmer weather has finally arrived in Southern Ontario and I found out today the AC on my 16 Civic isn’t working. The good news is I’m still under warranty and if it is deemed to be a road hazard that caused it, I can probably go through insurance. I know little about cars but after reading several forums online, I went out to take a peek at the radiator to look for obvious damage and found something that I’m curious about. While looking at the front of the car, there is a plastic part to the right of the Honda logo just behind the grille that I’m wondering what it is. Any ideas?

Honda Civic 10th gen 16 Civic AC Not Working 27CD6459-7F71-4499-BC88-D0093202F963
Sponsored

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
IMO ; Outside temperature sensor

On the touch screen did you put A/C on ?

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2013 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm in southern Ontario too and came to the same realization yesterday. Inside of the car got pretty hot sitting in the driveway all day so I turned the AC on to cool it off and it was just blowing hot air at me. Not sure what it can be. The condenser looks fine to me other than a few minor very minor knicks on it. I have an appointment to have it looked at next week. Really, really hope it's just a bad hose or something so we can warranty it

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I'm in southern Ontario too and came to the same realization yesterday. Inside of the car got pretty hot sitting in the driveway all day so I turned the AC on to cool it off and it was just blowing hot air at me. Not sure what it can be. The condenser looks fine to me other than a few minor very minor knicks on it. I have an appointment to have it looked at next week. Really, really hope it's just a bad hose or something so we can warranty it

Did you set temperature to cold ? Like 68F / 20 C ?

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I always set the temperature and fan speed manually. AC is set to ON and temperature is set to Low and its just blowing lukewarm air.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My AC compressor on my 16 ext went bad in under a year. replaced under warranty.

OP
OP
rparkington

rparkington

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
I’m just under two years and am hoping for warranty coverage. To be honest I never thought it was working terribly well but now it’s not working at all. To my untrained eye, the radiator looks ok. Few marks from small stones but nothing has penetrated it.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m just under two years and am hoping for warranty coverage. To be honest I never thought it was working terribly well but now it’s not working at all. To my untrained eye, the radiator looks ok. Few marks from small stones but nothing has penetrated it.
a lot of them were overfilled from the factory and that caused them to not cool properly. That was a big thing last year when everyone was talking about their AC not blowing cold enough for them. Mine had somehow leaked all the 1234yf refrigerant out, when the went to pressurize the system it leaked immediately. They did all the hoses and then the compressor before it would hold.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I use these thermometer to know how are my A/C , car and home are same thing. Cold air output at dash air vent should be close to 50 F . More than 55F you need to check A\C

Honda Civic 10th gen 16 Civic AC Not Working Capture d’écran 2018-04-24 à 12.44.55

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Probably the leaking/bad compressor issue that a lot of people were having last year.

Touring

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found the same thing. I mean it's always worked, but I always found the AC in this car really weak compared to my 2013 Civic which blows ice cold air the moment the AC is set to Low

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Warmer weather has finally arrived in Southern Ontario and I found out today the AC on my 16 Civic isn’t working. The good news is I’m still under warranty and if it is deemed to be a road hazard that caused it, I can probably go through insurance. I know little about cars but after reading several forums online, I went out to take a peek at the radiator to look for obvious damage and found something that I’m curious about. While looking at the front of the car, there is a plastic part to the right of the Honda logo just behind the grille that I’m wondering what it is. Any ideas?

27CD6459-7F71-4499-BC88-D0093202F963.jpeg
That is the outside temp sensor, I know exactly what it is cause I've had issues all winter with mine reading as high as 25° off.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I found the same thing. I mean it's always worked, but I always found the AC in this car really weak compared to my 2013 Civic which blows ice cold air the moment the AC is set to Low
Either your A/C coolant is low or you may have the compressor leak as well.

firstblud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I had the same problemm and took it in for warranty repair. Me thinks that Honda is well aware that this is a known issue.
Sponsored