16 Civic AC Not Working

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The condenser is located right in front of the grill, if you pop off the top assembly, the plastic mounts holding the top assembly should be wedged off with a screw driver. On the right side should be the label with the part number and supplier. On my 2018 Civic Touring it appears that the part is supplied from KEIHIN.

DEBF1-C5-C-1530-47-EB-8069-C82-A7459-B1-F6.jpg
Thank you! I've got to take off the front bumper again soon to fix my horn and I'll check it then.

lemueljedc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hey Guys,
Got some semi-good news for you. After Honda extended the warranty on the Condensers to 10 years and unlimited mileage, I ended up calling two dealerships here in Canada, I asked if the Condenser they're replacing the defective one with is a modified part to correct the defect. Both dealerships told me it was a modified part with a new part number, the original part number ended with A01, the new part number they gave me ends with A02, I have a 2018 Civic Touring, so the full part number is 80100-TBC-A02. Glad that they FINALLY updated the part. I wanted to call two dealerships to make sure they weren't bullshitting me, both ended up giving me the same part number for the new Condenser which was a relief.

I can confirm this. Getting my Honda condenser replaced now and the new part number is 80100-TBC-A02.

Let's hope this fixes this ridiculous problem.

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So in June 2020 I had my AC condenser replaced due to the AC blowing hot air. Now a year later and once again my AC is blowing hot air!
There is also a hissing/whistling noise when I turn the AC on which I did not have last time.
What's the chance it's the condenser again?
I'm still under warranty so whatever it is should be covered but I'm really hoping it isn't the evaporator since supposedly this is an 8 hour job and I'm supposed to leave on a road trip next week...

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After a bit more than three years of owning the Civic, my AC wasn't cooling anymore. The dealer diagnosed the car and found out that it was just a broken relay.

Now it's blowing cold air from the dashboard vents, but only warm air coming through the footwell vents.:rolleyes:

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After a bit more than three years of owning the Civic, my AC wasn't cooling anymore. The dealer diagnosed the car and found out that it was just a broken relay.

Now it's blowing cold air from the dashboard vents, but only warm air coming through the footwell vents.:rolleyes:
That sounds like a blend door problem rather than the AC. In other words, if it's cold up top, then the problem has to be in the controls of which tunnel the air flows through since it's source is all the same.

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Civic Hatchback EX owner here and guess what I got in the mail today (after being told about a month ago by a dealer that the hatchbacks were not part of the notice)? ???
Honda Civic 10th gen 16 Civic AC Not Working 20210712_195610

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Civic Hatchback EX owner here and guess what I got in the mail today (after being told about a month ago by a dealer that the hatchbacks were not part of the notice)? ???
20210712_195610.jpg
Yep, they werent included until last week! Your dealer didnt lie

diablo2424

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Since my local dealership were claiming I had a "leak in the high pressure hose" and wanted $890 to replace that one hose and recharge the system, I ended up ordering a gauge/hose kit and two 8oz. cans of Honeywell R1234yf from Advance Auto Parts (hint: always google coupon codes - I got $30 off my order). I used one can and was able to recharge the system from almost no coolant to just above 30PSI (beginning of the "green - good" part of the gauge). Since I refilled it over a week ago, it's been blowing nice and cold on both sides of the interior. I'm positive I have the leaking condenser as I get the hissing sound and it was only somewhat cool on the passenger side, but the drivers side was blowing warm before I refilled it. I also just got this letter in the mail (the same one that itbedave got) for my 2016 Hatchback Sport, so now I plan on using this as my ammo to make the dealer replace the condenser free of charge.

Helloben23

SPIRE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I knew this day would come again. Guess what happened?

In 2019, I replaced my compressor to "fix" my A/C problem. Now in 2021, my A/C doesn't work AGAIN. This is ridiculous. I'm asking my lawyer, who is representing me in that class-action lawsuit.

Anyone has any advice or have experienced a similar issue?

smulla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Honda Civic LX Black Pearl
Country flag

In 2019, I replaced my compressor to "fix" my A/C problem. Now in 2021, my A/C doesn't work AGAIN. This is ridiculous. I'm asking my lawyer, who is representing me in that class-action lawsuit.

I wish I could help but after my I replaced my compressor and paid off my 2016 civic it got t-boned and was deemed totaled. I'm looking to file a 2022 civic class action on them putting faulty fuel pumps on the civics but I need a lawyer.

Friendofsonic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag

Ugh you just answered my question I wanted to ask coming here- I had my compressor and condenser replaced last August and I wanted to know how well off people were with repairs done once. I'm really sorry for your troubles. Any update on your situation?
Immediately after- I had intermittent issues with the blower not turning on every few days-week. I rolled my eyes and thought of course. I would give the blower a tap from underneath and all would be fine for a bit. I kept waiting for complete failure to increase my chances of a proper diagnosis but it never came. I read online that removing the blower and cleaning out the accumulated black dust inside the squirrel cage and blowing out the motor via some holes that are uncovered after removing the cage could help (I did this and my blower was full of black dust) and so far it seems to be blowing reliably. Hopefully I can get a freebie there at least

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, after recharging the system last spring at this time since, at that time, my EX Hatch was not in the warranty recall - I had cold air all last summer but it started petering out again last week. In the upper 80s this week so I got it into the dealer today for an oil change and to check the system. THANKFULLY it WAS a leaky condenser and covered under the recall warranty! Just picked her up and it cost me less than $10 for the oil filter. šŸ˜Ž (KNOCKING ON WOOD THAT THIS HOLDS!)

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
Ugh itā€™s been years since Iā€™ve posted here but alas I have an AC problem too. Iā€™m at 87,000 miles, A/C started blowing hot. Took to dealer hoping itā€™s just the condenser but they are saying that my evaporator needs to be replaced as well. They want $2,000 for the evaporator and of course the condenser is under warranty. Iā€™m going to find a mechanic for the evaporator replacement. This is so annoying šŸ™„.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ugh itā€™s been years since Iā€™ve posted here but alas I have an AC problem too. Iā€™m at 87,000 miles, A/C started blowing hot. Took to dealer hoping itā€™s just the condenser but they are saying that my evaporator needs to be replaced as well. They want $2,000 for the evaporator and of course the condenser is under warranty. Iā€™m going to find a mechanic for the evaporator replacement. This is so annoying šŸ™„.
Do yourself a favor and at least try to recharge yourself. It's super easy and all you've got to lose is $50 bucks. A few of us here have gotten 2+ years of cold A/C on a single bottle of 1234yf. Good luck!
Sponsored