16 Civic AC Not Working

itbedave

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The condenser is located right in front of the grill, if you pop off the top assembly, the plastic mounts holding the top assembly should be wedged off with a screw driver. On the right side should be the label with the part number and supplier. On my 2018 Civic Touring it appears that the part is supplied from KEIHIN.

DEBF1-C5-C-1530-47-EB-8069-C82-A7459-B1-F6.jpg
Thank you! I've got to take off the front bumper again soon to fix my horn and I'll check it then.
Advertisement

lemueljedc

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Hey Guys,
Got some semi-good news for you. After Honda extended the warranty on the Condensers to 10 years and unlimited mileage, I ended up calling two dealerships here in Canada, I asked if the Condenser they're replacing the defective one with is a modified part to correct the defect. Both dealerships told me it was a modified part with a new part number, the original part number ended with A01, the new part number they gave me ends with A02, I have a 2018 Civic Touring, so the full part number is 80100-TBC-A02. Glad that they FINALLY updated the part. I wanted to call two dealerships to make sure they weren't bullshitting me, both ended up giving me the same part number for the new Condenser which was a relief.

I can confirm this. Getting my Honda condenser replaced now and the new part number is 80100-TBC-A02.

Let's hope this fixes this ridiculous problem.

TheComebackKid

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 MSM Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So in June 2020 I had my AC condenser replaced due to the AC blowing hot air. Now a year later and once again my AC is blowing hot air!
There is also a hissing/whistling noise when I turn the AC on which I did not have last time.
What's the chance it's the condenser again?
I'm still under warranty so whatever it is should be covered but I'm really hoping it isn't the evaporator since supposedly this is an 8 hour job and I'm supposed to leave on a road trip next week...

GermanCivic

Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After a bit more than three years of owning the Civic, my AC wasn't cooling anymore. The dealer diagnosed the car and found out that it was just a broken relay.

Now it's blowing cold air from the dashboard vents, but only warm air coming through the footwell vents.:rolleyes:

itbedave

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
After a bit more than three years of owning the Civic, my AC wasn't cooling anymore. The dealer diagnosed the car and found out that it was just a broken relay.

Now it's blowing cold air from the dashboard vents, but only warm air coming through the footwell vents.:rolleyes:
That sounds like a blend door problem rather than the AC. In other words, if it's cold up top, then the problem has to be in the controls of which tunnel the air flows through since it's source is all the same.

itbedave

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Civic Hatchback EX owner here and guess what I got in the mail today (after being told about a month ago by a dealer that the hatchbacks were not part of the notice)? 😁😁😁
20210712_195610.jpg

dallasjhawk

Reaction score
Car(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2017 Civic Hatchback EX owner here and guess what I got in the mail today (after being told about a month ago by a dealer that the hatchbacks were not part of the notice)? 😁😁😁
20210712_195610.jpg
Yep, they werent included until last week! Your dealer didnt lie

diablo2424

Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
Since my local dealership were claiming I had a "leak in the high pressure hose" and wanted $890 to replace that one hose and recharge the system, I ended up ordering a gauge/hose kit and two 8oz. cans of Honeywell R1234yf from Advance Auto Parts (hint: always google coupon codes - I got $30 off my order). I used one can and was able to recharge the system from almost no coolant to just above 30PSI (beginning of the "green - good" part of the gauge). Since I refilled it over a week ago, it's been blowing nice and cold on both sides of the interior. I'm positive I have the leaking condenser as I get the hissing sound and it was only somewhat cool on the passenger side, but the drivers side was blowing warm before I refilled it. I also just got this letter in the mail (the same one that itbedave got) for my 2016 Hatchback Sport, so now I plan on using this as my ammo to make the dealer replace the condenser free of charge.

Advertisement

Advertisement