jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Honda is extending their A/C condenser warranty to up to 10 years no mileage cap. If you feel like your condenser is leaking or not blowing cold air, take it your closest Honda dealer and book it in as an A/C diag.

Free of charge unless you get other work done at the same time
Sponsored

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
Strange problem here, but has anyone gotten their condensers replaced and then had more issues? Mine was blowing hot air and was replaced as part of the warranty extension in 2019, but not it's starting to blow hot again. Think they'll cover it again under the same warranty?
Would need either of the following to be replaced: a/c evap, clutch, coil, compressor, or lines + re charge

Same A/C warranty if you're lucky if not comp will cover it.

Eore227

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX hatchback
Country flag
anyone know if the ac issues carry over to the 2021 civic hatchback?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Strange problem here, but has anyone gotten their condensers replaced and then had more issues? Mine was blowing hot air and was replaced as part of the warranty extension in 2019, but not it's starting to blow hot again. Think they'll cover it again under the same warranty?
You very easily could have received another defective condenser. I have the same issue, replaced in 18 before the TSB so Im guessing I got another bad condenser.

jtrader

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK7 6MT, 2018 FK7 CVT, 2022 Odyssey EXL
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
anyone know if the ac issues carry over to the 2021 civic hatchback?
Research on here indicates that people with 19's and 20's have A/C problems also...but perhaps not as frequent as older models. Honda's "fix" is either working, or it's simply too early to tell.

phreakyq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
just got the call about my AC not working from the dealer on my 2016. said the condenser was fine, but there were 2 leaks in the compressor and was not covered under the 19-091 as they are different parts. however, i did purchase the extended warranty when i purchased my car, but they have to call, verify, and then see if its covered. i dont know why it wouldnt be since its bumper-to-bumper coverage.

has anyone else had this experence with the ext warrantly?

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
just got the call about my AC not working from the dealer on my 2016. said the condenser was fine, but there were 2 leaks in the compressor and was not covered under the 19-091 as they are different parts. however, i did purchase the extended warranty when i purchased my car, but they have to call, verify, and then see if its covered. i dont know why it wouldnt be since its bumper-to-bumper coverage.

Did they check the level of refrigerant?

beo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

If you have a 2016, your bumper to bumper warranty expired already. I'm assuming you didn't get the Honda care extended warranty since they had to call. Otherwise they would be familiar with the coverage.

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

This would be where you reach out to corporate and see if they can do some sort of goodwill repair where you are only out a couple hundred bucks if that extended warranty doesnt cover it

Last edited:

phreakyq

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you have a 2016, your bumper to bumper warranty expired already. I'm assuming you didn't get the Honda care extended warranty since they had to call. Otherwise they would be familiar with the coverage.
called honda care, the dealer also sells 3rd party warranty outside of honda care, which is what i got. GOOD NEWS! dealer called my back and my $2400 repair estimate is only costing me $100 out of pocket thanks to my ext warranty!

itbedave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My 2017 Civic Hatch EX with 110k miles just recently felt like the air isn't as cool as it use to be with the temperature outside here reached into the 80s for the first time. Typically it's ice box cold but now it just isn't. I started searching about any issues and found the TSB and several different posts here and elsewhere.

Long story short - I called my local dealer service center, gave them my VIN, and they said my car isn't covered by the TSB, and suggested I call corporate and file a complaint. ?

Now, my issues may or may not be related to the TSB in the end. But "call corporate" sounds a lot like "no AC for you this summer" as I await a decision IF they were to respond at all.

So, I'm also looking at DIY options, including evacuating the 1234yf and reverting to 134a - which I've read several success stories about.

And for those worried about the environmental impact of removing the 1234yf... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF 1234yf! That it's basically harmless if released into the atmosphere! Your breath and farts release more deadly gases than this stuff! Look it up! ?

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
And for those worried about the environmental impact of removing the 1234yf... THAT'S THE WHOLE POINT OF 1234yf! That it's basically harmless if released into the atmosphere! Your breath and farts release more deadly gases than this stuff! Look it up! ?
:)

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
So, I'm also looking at DIY options, including evacuating the 1234yf and reverting to 134a - which I've read several success stories about.
I saw youtube video of someone who did this. I messaged him to delete it since it's technically $1000+ EPA fine (even for individuals; at least from my reading of regulations, I may be wrong). He said it worked but it wasn't quite as cold.

I have a friend in Ukraine who says mechanics there at first sign of trouble just evacuate and fill with 134a and it seems to fix the problem.
Sponsored