amariu

First Name
Leavon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
I haven't done any mods yet. Wife gave me the go ahead to buy honda parts. Just looking for some opinions on how to spend. From the research I've done this is what would benefit in cost = power. Please correct me if I am wrong or something out of order
1. Hondata = 690
2. Down pipe = 500 ish
3. Prl stage 1 = 90
4. K&N drop in filter = 50
Total 1330

I have some leeway on budget if it's worth it. Thanks in advance and thanks for supplying all the info for my research already!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kotaas

First Name
Ruben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Soooo...
Hondata
Tune = 500
Prl stage 1
K&n filter
You can get more than you think with $1400 I was fbo with only 1600 ish. I was checking OfferUp every 6 hours but it paid off ? Not including the new clutch. If u go hondata I definitely recommend a powermetric tune

jdm_mike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 FK8 CTR & More
Country flag
PRL Stage 1 and K&N is basically the same thing, no point in getting both

You have a FK8 so invest in your money smart and wise

OP
OP

amariu

First Name
Leavon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
PRL Stage 1 and K&N is basically the same thing, no point in getting both

You have a FK8 so invest in your money smart and wise
I am trying to invest smart and wisely which is the reason for the post. I was referring to prl silicone tube and filter. Sorry I wasn't clear

OP
OP

amariu

First Name
Leavon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R
Country flag
Put that stimmy to work baby
Lol I wish, I sold my Xbox series x and she didn't think I would lol so she said we can match what I sold it for ?

Hatchi

First Name
Liam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Prius, 2020 BBP CTR
Country flag
Hondata is only that cheap if you don't do the instant jailbreak. If you mail your ECU, you have to factor that cost in too. Otherwise instant jailbreak will run you another $250 (+$75 if you're a 2020+ Type R).

Get a high flow cat downpipe from prl and use the hondata basemap for downpipe + 93 octane and you've got much better power from what I've seen and heard.

Flex fuel is solid and all, but it'll cost you the same as a brand new prl downpipe to buy a flex fuel kit instead. Technically if you really wanna push your money, you don't need flex fuel to run ethanol, just know how much ethanol you have in your tank (I think stock fuel pump tops out duty cycle somewhere near E30-ish). So getting what I said before, and then doing this, that will technically be the most power for your money, but at your own risk.

Mrbadwrench

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 civic ex-t sedan
Country flag
I would just do the tune and save the rest for maintenance. Everything else will be marginal gains compared to the tune.
Sponsored