Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I see very little point of videos like that. Oh I pump 300 bhp into a 1.5 ctv and beat a Type-R at 305 HP. Yawn... A Type-R can WOT all day long and last for years. Can yours do that? So 40+ drag races at 14 seconds each? So that's what 0.25 * 50 = 12.5 miles? Oh so impressive! I've got 12K miles on mine and suppose only 1% of that is WOT, that would be 120 miles. That's 4800 drag races.

Why would I want to pump 300 bhp into a 1.5 motor that's designed to make <200 hp? The Type-R can make 400 HP. So what then?

If I want a fast car, I buy a fast car. yada yada. :)
Wow man, way to piss on the guy's Cheerios. Not cool.

The fact he's got a base 1.5T (CVT) that is putting out nice and reliable power like that is impressive. BTW, you may not realize this but some people can't afford a Type R. And some people have fun transforming a commuter into a bit of a sleeper.

You must be a riot at parties. :cool:
Sponsored

Nazeem

Banned
Banned
First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
I see very little point of videos like that. Oh I pump 300 bhp into a 1.5 ctv and beat a Type-R at 305 HP. Yawn... A Type-R can WOT all day long and last for years. Can yours do that? So 40+ drag races at 14 seconds each? So that's what 0.25 * 50 = 12.5 miles? Oh so impressive! I've got 12K miles on mine and suppose only 1% of that is WOT, that would be 120 miles. That's 4800 drag races.

Why would I want to pump 300 bhp into a 1.5 motor that's designed to make <200 hp? The Type-R can make 400 HP. So what then?

You're straight up hating, type R comes with 305hp from factory does that mean the type was designed to handle only 305 hp? Does that mean all car that comes from factory is designed to handle factory power? If that's the case tuning and mods wouldn't even exist....

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Good for u ?now cry a little more wot all day my ass, type R got heat soak in the 6th run..smh but ?
Au contraire. I smile a little with every grab of my Titanium S2K knob to make a shift. Ahem, ahem.

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Au contraire. I smile a little with every grab of my Titanium S2K knob to make a shift. Ahem, ahem.
That is unbelievable...wow I can imagine that smile shifting my own gears while watching tail lights..so cool ?

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The fact he's got a base 1.5T (CVT) that is putting out nice and reliable power like that is impressive. BTW, you may not realize this but some people can't afford a Type R. And some people have fun transforming a commuter into a bit of a sleeper.
Define reliable power? All I see are people blowing up motors anywhere near 300 hp. Reliably going wot often for years? Please, making power is one thing. Making reliable power is another. I'm fine with people making good power, but please don't make it look like you can buy a sport, tune it to 300 hp and be better than a Type-R.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That is unbelievable...wow I can imagine that smile shifting my own gears while watching tail lights..so cool ?
Start believing there will be plenty of times you'll be watching tail lights. :)

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Define reliable power? All I see are people blowing up motors anywhere near 300 hp. Reliably going wot often for years? Please, making power is one thing. Making reliable power is another. I'm fine with people making good power, but please don't make it look like you can buy a sport, tune it to 300 hp and be better than a Type-R.
I'm not comparing anything to a Type R, where did I imply that? Out of the box the Type R is an incredible car and the ultimate Civic.

What I am saying is the the OP has been tuned reliably for two years. I'm not saying 300 hp on a 1.5 will 100% reliable for years and years. What I'm saying is, I study tuning reliability and these 1.5 motors have done remarkably well, tuned. Honda built in quite a bit of headroom.

The OP is at the upper end of what I'd recommend for his car but he's working with a great pro tuner.

Here's my ongoing reliability thread if you have some time to read. It's a work in progress but as the updates come in, reliability is going strong:

https://www.civicx.com/forum/thread...ence-reliability-thread-for-all-models.42361/

Last edited:

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Seems like myx isn't on here anymore
I peek in here every blue moon to see if there are any new developments. You have an awesome ride. Congrats on your kills. :p

My enthusiasm for any gas powered car as far as power and speed goes is non-existent since the Tesla Ludicrous and now Plaid model is out. Running 9.2@155mph in a stock Tesla Plaid with AWD makes all gas powered cars seem like dinosaurs. A luxury car that can drive itself, that pulls the same G forces from dead stop or 120mph. Smh.... So...waiting on a Model 2 with Plaid upgrade before I even consider getting any new car.

Would love to race anyone in my CVT though (I only use straight 93 octane). If you were on or near the east Coast, it'd be a fun matchup. :hmm:

In the meantime, keep up with the good content. Love it man! :headbang:

BTW: What are your mods? Your 1/4 mile time and especially your trap speed is outstanding. You will annihilate me on the top end. I'm going to be a problem for you down low though. Muhahaha! ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
I peek in here every blue moon to see if there are any new developments. You have an awesome ride. Congrats on your kills. :p

My enthusiasm for any gas powered car as far as power and speed goes is non-existent since the Tesla Ludicrous and now Plaid model is out. Running 9.2@155mph in a stock Tesla Plaid with AWD makes all gas powered cars seem like dinosaurs. A luxury car that can drive itself, that pulls the same G forces from dead stop or 120mph. Smh.... So...waiting on a Model 2 with Plaid upgrade before I even consider getting any new car.

Would love to race anyone in my CVT though (I only use straight 93 octane). If you were on or near the east Coast, it'd be a fun matchup. :hmm:

BTW: What are your mods? Your 1/4 mile time and especially your trap speed is outstanding. You will annihilate me on the top end. I'm going to be a problem for you down low though. Muhahaha! ;)
Prl catless downpipe race maf, prl cold air intake race maf, prl front mount intercooler, plr flex fuel, 27won w1 turbo, 27won Inlet pipe, custom valvetronic catback exhaust, custom tune on 94/E30 octane, what's your 0-60? Best I'm around 5.2 to 5.5 and that's with 18 inch wheels each weighing around 48Ibs

I'm all they way in Canada man lol

I got some more drags coming up against a 2020 k5gt, tuned accord and BMW 330i...keep an eye out....was supposed to race the Acura type S too but the guy pull out

Last edited:

Nazeem

Banned
Banned
First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Prl catless downpipe race maf, prl cold air intake race maf, prl front mount intercooler, plr flex fuel, 27won w1 turbo, 27won Inlet pipe, custom valvetronic catback exhaust, custom tune on 94/E30 octane, what's your 0-60? Best I'm around 5.2 to 5.5 and that's with 18 inch wheels each weighing around 48Ibs

I got some more drags coming up against a 2020 k5gt, tuned accord and BMW 330i...keep an eye out....was supposed to race the Acura type S too but the guy pull out
What hp and torque u making?

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Hopefully it won't catch fire or slam into the back of a semi while your napping.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Love it! That big turbo and flex fuel is the ticket. Much respect. @xjoshuax89 would be more in your territory.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have one suggestion for you my friend. Remove the PRL Cobra piece that attaches to the PRL race maf. Put the biggest air filter you can fit on the race maf. Biggest meaning as wide and as long as can fit. Do a dragy test. You may be pleasantly surprised at your results. ;) I'd expect your 60ft to be slightly slower and your topend mph to be slightly faster.

Just don't sit too long idling before the test. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
I have one suggestion for you my friend. Remove the PRL Cobra piece that attaches to the PRL race maf. Put the biggest air filter you can fit on the race maf. Biggest meaning as wide and as long as can fit. Do a dragy test. You may be pleasantly surprised at your results. ;) I'd expect your 60ft to be slightly slower and your topend mph to be slightly faster.

Just don't sit too long idling before the test. :thumbsup:
You know any company that has a bigger one?
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx