13 sec cvt 1.5

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Brake hold? That's a launch? This was left foot on brakes and partially foot on throttle, don't do full throttle while left foor on brake, that's actually more dangerous for the cvt and its slower too, I don't know about other cvt but for mine just stomping on the gas pedal makes the car slower, I usually do it gradually but fast
Yes I know, I meant the normal accelerating without boosting is so slow. As far as I know there are these different launch methods:

1. Brake boost:
Pushing the gas pedal, building up some rpms (and boost) while having the other foot still on the brake. Then release the brake. It's very fast, but some people claim it's the worst thing you could do to the CVT.

2. Myxal Two-Step:
Mash gas pedal, lift foot and mash pedal again. Do this 3-4 times to be at max rpms

3. Normal Brake hold:
Brake hold button activated: just mash the gas pedal

4. Manual brake hold (brake hold deativated):
Having the left foot on the brake so that the car won't move and release the brake pedal at the exact same moment your right food floors the gas pedal

Oh and then there is also method 5 (may contain sarcasm):

I always put it in N, Rev to 5g, and slam the shifter down to L!
Sponsored

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
Here for a good time, not a long time. lol..

Nazeem

Banned
Banned
First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
I see u got the si's and type R guys punching air ????

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
Yes I know, I meant the normal accelerating without boosting is so slow. As far as I know there are these different launch methods:

1. Brake boost:
Pushing the gas pedal, building up some rpms (and boost) while having the other foot still on the brake. Then release the brake. It's very fast, but some people claim it's the worst thing you could do to the CVT.

2. Myxal Two-Step:
Mash gas pedal, lift foot and mash pedal again. Do this 3-4 times to be at max rpms

3. Normal Brake hold:
Brake hold button activated: just mash the gas pedal

4. Manual brake hold (brake hold deativated):
Having the left foot on the brake so that the car won't move and release the brake pedal at the exact same moment your right food floors the gas pedal

Oh and then there is also method 5 (may contain sarcasm):
Oh ok, yeah i did the first one u mentioned and yes it's 100% more dangerous but I know the risk, when or if my cvt do give out it'll be my fault 100% but fortunately not a single problem except for excessive wheel spin, being tuned for 2 years with 78k km and nothing so far

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Two year and still going, done multiple races, keep hating
That's because you only race it once in a blue moon. Try do it more often and see how long it lasts. lol...

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
That's because you only race it once in a blue moon. Try do it more often and see how long it lasts. lol...
40 + drag is once in a blue moon ahhh keep coming, let's see one drag is 7 races each..hmmm, what have u done ?where's your videos of drags? Where's your draggy ?smh . Oh here's some for ya

Oh I got a k5gt and tuned accord coming soon, so look out for it in ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. Bye now Felicia

Nazeem

Banned
Banned
First Name
Nazeem
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
40 + drag is once in a blue moon ahhh keep coming, let's see one drag is 7 races each..hmmm, what have u done ?where's your videos of drags? Where's your draggy ?smh . Oh here's some for ya

Oh I got a k5gt and tuned accord coming soon, so look out for it in ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. Bye now Felicia
Told u, u got the Si guys punching air ??

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

I see very little point of videos like that. Oh I pump 300 bhp into a 1.5 ctv and beat a Type-R at 305 HP. Yawn... A Type-R can WOT all day long and last for years. Can yours do that? So 40+ drag races at 14 seconds each? So that's what 0.25 * 50 = 12.5 miles? Oh so impressive! I've got 12K miles on mine and suppose only 1% of that is WOT, that would be 120 miles. That's 4800 drag races.

Why would I want to pump 300 bhp into a 1.5 motor that's designed to make <200 hp? The Type-R can make 400 HP. So what then?

If I want a fast car, I buy a fast car. yada yada. :)

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
I see very little point of videos like that. Oh I pump 300 bhp into a 1.5 ctv and beat a Type-R at 305 HP. Yawn... A Type-R can WOT all day long and last for years. Can yours do that? So 40+ drag races at 14 seconds each? So that's what 0.25 * 50 = 12.5 miles? Oh so impressive! I've got 12K miles on mine and suppose only 1% of that is WOT, that would be 120 miles. That's 4800 drag races.

Why would I want to pump 300 bhp into a 1.5 motor that's designed to make <200 hp? The Type-R can make 400 HP. So what then?

If I want a fast car, I buy a fast car. yada yada. :)
Good for u ?now cry a little more, wot all day my ass, the type R got heat soak in the 6th run..smh but ?
Sponsored

Last edited: