13 sec cvt 1.5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI
Country flag
That CVT is impressive. I'll stay hating though bc I hate that tech is making MTs obsolete (in the drag world) ? Good shit homie ?? Thats the type of base model my stock SI ass would laugh in embarassment if I seen some tail lights.
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
That CVT is impressive. I'll stay hating though bc I hate that tech is making MTs obsolete (in the drag world) ? Good shit homie ?? Thats the type of base model my stock SI ass would laugh in embarassment if I seen some tail lights.
The crazy thing is, in a 0-60 race, stock to stock, the Si is only about 2/10th's of a second quicker than a base turbo CVT.

OP
OP
Sall

Sall

First Name
Sally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic touring
1.5 t base stock ain't far off from a stock si, 6.8 vs 7 but yes I agree with u on the manual, and for me personally I love being the underdog and then end up winning man it's much more sweet, the drag between type R and volestor n everyone expected me to lose but look what happened......off topic I know I have cvt and it doesn't sound good at all no doubt, but now that electric is dominating everything in a straight line, as a car enthusiastic u gotta be missing the beautiful sound of a v8, v6 even some 4 cylinder sounds amazing and gear changing, something which no electric has, even tho I beat the volestor n , oh man that car sounds so good in person

Last edited:

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
I'm referring to 1ft roll out you can definitely get under 5 second, 95% 0-60 times are with the 1ft roll, your car is faster than the type s, type s run 13.6 on prep surface, you did 13.3 on public road. Now that's something to brag about, however u can't touch the type S in looks.
I understand the 1 foot roll out when doing a 1/4 mile run at the drag strip because I used to race. They use light beams to measure time. But I don’t understand why it’s frequently used for 0-60 times, other than to make one’s car appear quicker. How does a drag strip measure when you hit 60mph? If it uses timing lights where is the 60mph light beam located? If it doesn’t use timing lights for 0-60mph then a 1 foot roll out for breaking a light beam does not apply.

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You know any company that has a bigger one?
Send me an address I can send you one too. I lost count of the filters I've used for testing. I know I have one a size that should work well for your application.