12K to 15K over MSRP.

TTRPGGeek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Accord LX
Yeah so Penske Honda here in Indy will sell you a black sedan right now for MSRP. Hop a flight, grab a hotel, check out our world class zoo, our world class museums, our canal, drop by NCAA headquarters, tour the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, enjoy the weekend, pick up your black sedan, enjoy the drive home and still have $11,000 to $14,000 of that extra $12k to $15k in your bank.
Sponsored

Fazzster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord 2.0T Sport Manual, 2020 Odyssey EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anything over MSRP is absurd for an Si. The dealership is just taking advantage of the "got to be first on the block to own" types. There is some really stiff competition for the Si (GTI's can be had for $22k). Dealerships better be careful or they will just sit on the lots after they start pissing people off. I am still pissed that my dealership loyalty was returned when they offered me $46k for an incoming CTR. F you!

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
Correct response is to laugh in their face and walk out. 12K to 15K, that's insulting. I guess they thought you were a sucker.

Also consider giving feedback to Honda. That kind of BS from a dealer will more often than not cause someone to go buy a car from another company. That dealer isn't representing Honda well.

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Also consider giving feedback to Honda. That kind of BS from a dealer will more often than not cause someone to go buy a car from another company. That dealer isn't representing Honda well.
Yes! :thumbsup::yes:

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
And you will have a good laugh when that same dealer has all 4 of their cars sitting and rotting on their lots because they think it's highly sought after.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
since it it so close to the end of the 2017 MY, maybe the statement was accurate (but misleading). they claim to only be getting 4 for the year. Maybe that's 4 2017s. Then they will start getting 2018s around October....

I doubt they will get anyone to pay ADM on the SI. it is a trim level and not a limited edition. It is not any more special than the other civics (not including type R).
The type-R is also not special. It is a car that has been sold the world over and is the equivalent of ///M BMW cars; Not limited at all and definitely does not command a premium. However, a fool with his money will soon be parted.

Those who pay a premium on top of MSRP will feel like jokers once the Type-R Base and Touring hit the dealers in 2018 at MSRP of 33900 for Touring and lower for Base...

pdiizeru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type-R #225
Country flag
The type-R is also not special. It is a car that has been sold the world over and is the equivalent of ///M BMW cars; Not limited at all and definitely does not command a premium. However, a fool with his money will soon be parted.

Those who pay a premium on top of MSRP will feel like jokers once the Type-R Base and Touring hit the dealers in 2018 at MSRP of 33900 for Touring and lower for Base...
Sadly, this seems to be the case. I gave up, and I've been trying to get one since January. I won't pay over MSRP at all. I'll buy accessories, but I won't buy floor mats for 500$. I hope buying a MY18 will be less of a pain in my arse. So many people that can afford it, good for them. Hopefully it will make it that much easier for me to come in months later and purchase at or below MSRP.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I don't really understand this manufacturer year deal. This car just came out and is barely on the lots. Are you guys alluding that in just a few months, Honda will make changes to the Si for the 2018 model? Since my White sedan isn't coming till July-August, should I just wait a little longer for a refresh? :what::confused:

zx2down

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Altima 2.5 S

I was under the impression a limited number of Type-R made and that's it for 2017 and it MAY be back for 2018. I know that is what Ford is doing with the Focus RS. They are making 1500 more for 2018 then it's in the air if they will bring the next generation to the US or not.

Inertiaman70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
13 Mazda 3 i Touring Hatchback
Country flag
I don't really understand this manufacturer year deal. This car just came out and is barely on the lots. Are you guys alluding that in just a few months, Honda will make changes to the Si for the 2018 model? Since my White sedan isn't coming till July-August, should I just wait a little longer for a refresh? :what::confused:
I am highly skeptical of anyone who says there are going to be any substantive changes for the 2018 Si. I'm sure Honda marketing and engineering are pretty certain they have hit their target for specs and features for this car and a few months of sales won't give them enough data to convince them otherwise.

Even if they read industry reviews and decide to address the power issue somewhat, that will require more development and testing time, meaning those changes wouldn't appear before the 2019 MY at the earliest. And I'm not convinced that they will need to make any changes, but sales will tell Honda what they need to know about that.

d1zguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' Mustang GT Premium
Country flag
I was under the impression a limited number of Type-R made and that's it for 2017 and it MAY be back for 2018. I know that is what Ford is doing with the Focus RS. They are making 1500 more for 2018 then it's in the air if they will bring the next generation to the US or not.
Nah, that is what dealers want you to think. Eitherway if its still a hassle to buy one at MSRP i will take my business to BMW or Audi.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
I am highly skeptical of anyone who says there are going to be any substantive changes for the 2018 Si. I'm sure Honda marketing and engineering are pretty certain they have hit their target for specs and features for this car and a few months of sales won't give them enough data to convince them otherwise.

Even if they read industry reviews and decide to address the power issue somewhat, that will require more development and testing time, meaning those changes wouldn't appear before the 2019 MY at the earliest. And I'm not convinced that they will need to make any changes, but sales will tell Honda what they need to know about that.
The only changes I can see would me minor cosmetics and minor things with interior. And I mean very small things if anything.

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Paying over 30k for a Honda haha.

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The next model year will start end of the summer beginning of autumn and there won't be any changes besides changing the year on the car to 2018. Maybe some software updates and bug fixing but you won't notice anything.
Sponsored