jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
How the hell did you fill up with 134a Lol, the fittings for 1234yf and 134a are different

Shtumpa

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic LX
Country flag
$1000 EPA fine for adding 134a even for private individuals lol. I've heard it works fine though if you drain it and just use 134a.

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Well, I have bad news for you. If you've ran your A/C since doing this, your condenser is going to have to be replaced and your system completely flushed, compressor oil completely drained, desiccant replaced, etc. See, the problem is that R-1234yf system condensers have super small passages for the refrigerant to flow through. 134a will clog these passages and render your A/C system completely useless. Therefore the entire system will have to be flushed and the condenser, desiccant, maybe even the compressor will have to be replaced because it is nearly impossible to remove all traces of 134a once and it's compressor oil that was introduced into the system. Good luck.

jjayguy23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Ex-T
Country flag
Well, I have bad news for you. If you've ran your A/C since doing this, your condenser is going to have to be replaced and your system completely flushed, compressor oil completely drained, desiccant replaced, etc. See, the problem is that R-1234yf system condensers have super small passages for the refrigerant to flow through. 134a will clog these passages and render your A/C system completely useless. Therefore the entire system will have to be flushed and the condenser, desiccant, maybe even the compressor will have to be replaced because it is nearly impossible to remove all traces of 134a once and it's compressor oil that was introduced into the system. Good luck.
According to this guy, he's had no issue with r-134a in his Civic for several years.

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
Sounds like it's time to throw away the car based on other commentators. Just drain it and refill with 1234YF, if it still gives problems whack a mole it step by step

EarthDreams414

First Name
⛄️
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Sounds like it's time to throw away the car based on other commentators. Just drain it and refill with 1234YF, if it still gives problems whack a mole it step by step
I dont buy it for one second. In fact adapters have been made to be able to go back to 134a. Maybe there would be issues if you put 1234yf in a 134a

TheCanadian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Boost Blue Type R
Country flag
I mean I'm sure it's not good for it, but at this point just refill and reuse it. If its going to die its going to die. Worry about it when it dies.
Sponsored