12 volt charging systen error message

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean blue EX hatch has joined my 2016 Civic EX sedan
Country flag
This popped up 4 times on my way to work today.
Headed to the damn dealer.
Also drivers side sun visor clip loose and will not pop back on tight. :what:
Honda Civic 10th gen 12 volt charging systen error message ima
Sponsored

jmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-L
Yikes dude. On the surface these cars are awesome but holy hell at all the random issues popping up. I hope it gets resolved. Keep us posted on what happens.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I threw the same code 5 times on my way to the dealer.

When I first noticed the error message icon it said 5 errors.

1 tpms system error

2 anti-lock brake system error

3 was charging.

Don't know what 4&5 were.

I'm dropping it off at the dealer now.

No Rental car. Bullshit!

scsi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Aegean Blue Civic Touring, 2003 Element EX AWD
Vehicle Showcase
I can get my car to throw these reliably in accessory mode, without the engine running. When I start the engine, the codes stick. Once I stopped, powered down and restarted the car, the messages cleared. None of these appeared on the dash -- no failure lights there, only the infotainment system. It's almost as if this thing doesn't know when these systems are just off, not broken.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I guess they saw me not being happy and ponied up for a rental.

Mustang. I will have fun in it.

Last edited:

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I can get my car to throw these reliably in accessory mode, without the engine running. When I start the engine, the codes stick. Once I stopped, powered down and restarted the car, the messages cleared. None of these appeared on the dash -- no failure lights there, only the infotainment system. It's almost as if this thing doesn't know when these systems are just off, not broken.
The only one that was persistant was the charging system message.

Nothing appeared on the dash on mine.

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just got a call from the dealer.

They ran the codes and found that there was a loss of communication on 5 separate occasions that caused the infotainment system to throw the codes.

They checked all the systems and they are operating normally, even on their test drive.

They did a hard reset on the system, which system I will need to find out, since the service writer didn't seem to know what the details are.

I will check out the work order to see exactly what was done. Hopefully I can talk to the tech.

I asked if there was a firmware update for the infotainment system, he had no idea, he said the tech did whatever needed to be done.

Since I drive so much they want me to let them know in a couple of days if all is well.

Yes I will.

One more note, I was actually instructing the service writer on how to open the hood, he kept feeling around in the wrong spot to pop it open, then when he got back in the car he could not get the error message to display again, he started randomly pushing buttons on the screen.

I told him to stop, put your finger on the message icon and swipe it down.

I asked "First '16 Civic you've dealt with?"

He said "Yes."

my reply,"It's OK I will talk you through it."

On my way to get my car back!!

david1pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, MSM with Black Interior
Country flag
Oh scary day when you have to say to the person trying to professionally "fix" your car: "I will talk you through it."

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh scary day when you have to say to the person trying to professionally "fix" your car: "I will talk you through it."
I swear, thankfully he was just taking it back to the tech!

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here are the details from the fix, basically they cleared the error codes and did a hard reset on the MICU.

MICU description:The MICU that is combined with the under-dash fuse/relay box is the one of the B-CAN network components. The MICU controls many systems related to the body controller area and security system. and also works as a gateway to diagnose the other B-CAN connected ECUs with the HDS.

The MICU also controls the function of these circuits:

• Entry lights control (map lights*, ceiling light)
  • Exterior lights control
  • Horn
  • Interlock system
  • Keyless entry
  • Power door locks
  • Security alarm
  • Turn signal/hazard flasher
  • Wiper/washer
Honda Civic 10th gen 12 volt charging systen error message Civic error code details

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
here we go again!!

these warning just popped up a few minutes ago, back to the dealer tomorrow.

Honda Civic 10th gen 12 volt charging systen error message 01f1a0872595ca732593551e6db3e57784e0a02fc7
Honda Civic 10th gen 12 volt charging systen error message 01f05f06bf057089c79d5fc5954cbf09e015d2552e
Honda Civic 10th gen 12 volt charging systen error message 01083ba955608a26d6cf1f942b1a3f1d74d65bba47
Honda Civic 10th gen 12 volt charging systen error message 015750cf873a4b11bbfed947283f048e2e238e86b7
Honda Civic 10th gen 12 volt charging systen error message 0181898ee84cec845a666397ec91c82bbe486d9c57

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Do any of these match indicators in the DII/cluster?

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Do any of these match indicators in the DII/cluster?
Nothing in the dash at all, just on the infotainment screen, I suspect it's the same as last time when it lost communication with the MICU. Annoying!

OP
OP
jdewd250

jdewd250

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Now Its trying to force me to open the app just to see the latest message. Not happening!
I showed them to me last night without it.

Honda Civic 10th gen 12 volt charging systen error message ima

MisterScary

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 CR-V EX, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Now Its trying to force me to open the app just to see the latest message. Not happening!
I showed them to me last night without it.

image.jpeg
Jdewd250, on Friday night I saw the same 5 messages you posted above. I was heading out to dinner with my family and saw the small message icon (as usual) on the screen. So, I swiped down thinking it was the typical "Maintenance A" change oil reminder that never goes away. However, to my surprise I saw the additional messages. I read them but thought they were falsely sent to the vehicle, just like the Maintenance A message.

On Saturday, I drove the car about 10 miles in the morning. making a couple of stops during the trip, and everything seemed fine. The messages didn't return.

This morning (Sunday) I got in my car and everything is completely dead!!! My car wouldn't start and nothing will light up inside or outside the vehicle. I suppose it's possible that the auto-off lights didn't work and the battery has completely drained from the previous day. Perhaps I didn't notice the lights on since I hadn't been in my car since Saturday morning? Still, something is definitely wrong if they didn't automatically shut off.

Unfortunately, I had to take my wife's car to work so I can't really diagnose what's going on until later this afternoon. When I get home I'll put a trickle charger on the battery or see if I can jump start the car, then back to the dealer on Monday.

I'm hoping the charging system is okay and that the messages are irrelevant. Still, it's an odd coincidence that my car is dead today. I'll post a follow up message once I figure out what caused the problem.
Sponsored