12 Second 1/4 Mile time - Street Tires Is it Doable?

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
Those guys are on a full set of drag slicks running a 12.7? Even got the skinnies in the back, am I missing something? Even a few full carbon looking bit & interior stripped as well from the second picture?
Nice work but completely different setups.

Pretty sure you could knock that 60 foot down with a full set of slicks too as we've discussed. Gotta be in the under 2.0 second 60 foot club with FWD to get any further usually and that ain't easy!
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Those guys are on a full set of drag slicks running a 12.7? Even got the skinnies in the back, am I missing something? Even a few full carbon looking bit & interior stripped as well from the second picture?
Nice work but completely different setups.

Pretty sure you could knock that 60 foot down with a full set of slicks too as we've discussed. Gotta be in the under 2.0 second 60 foot club with FWD to get any further usually and that ain't easy!

The Accord guys make it look easy though, getting the 2.0 60fts. :) Must be the good grip as well as a heavier front end.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Another thing to mention is that Derek has BBG set to 18psi in "first" on the TSP tune. Have you tried doing a run with BBG disabled + using the aggressive Advanced VSA setting? Just throwing ideas out there as far as track times go.

As far as boost targets...

On a datalog I ran on my car, Map 3 was targeting 23.1 psi but I actually hit 26.2 psi. When I saw that, I nearly fainted. :cool:
Capture.GIF

@gtman
Just tried to attach datalog but it says that the file extension is not allowed. The file in question is from a custom tune and the boost didn't go over 22psi. However, the timing advance was pretty aggressive. As high as 5 in second, 4 in 3rd gear and 3 in 4th. What does your timing advance look like? My TC target is 22psi.

I know it's a fine balance for maximum power between max turbo psi and max timing advance. One person may be pushing more boost but less timing advance while another has less boost and higher timing advance.

CrippleRipple

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si (LSM)*SOLD* & 2018 Honda Accord Sport 2.0T (SNP)
Country flag
The Accord guys make it look easy though, getting the 2.0 60fts. :) Must be the good grip as well as a heavier front end.
Honda nailed the power deliver on these things! Stock they are just so easy to run & without too much traction loss....remember we leave at idle or 720-800rpm in the 10A/T.
The computers do a very good job at controlling the torque output stock. And don't forget how potent the transmission is.....the gear ratios are so short it just keeps power down and boost up.
Feel like a truck driver sometimes with 10 gears!

Kinda why you only see tuned ones running just a bit faster in the 1/4 mile because then traction is a huge concern, especially when you get to the Stage 2 maps on either tuning platform.
Only thing I can't measure with KTuner is my 60 foot! Advanced VSA even at Medium and I'm back to roasting them with the cold weather setting in.

Should make you feel good you're running in Tuned Accord & Type R territory bro and on street tires & trim, the way it should be!

charleswrivers

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'14 Odyssey, '94 300zx, 2001 F-150
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah. I’m not sure how good of times you’re going to get if you’re very traction limited off the line. Your trap speeds should keep getting more and more ridiculous the more power you pour on. To me for a commuter car, 100+ MPH trap speeds are getting to be matching or beating 300-400 hp sports/muscle cars in acceleration once you’re already rolling kind of power.

Did you ever manage to do anything regarding seeing why your boost is so much lower than your targets?

I would think there’s inherent safety in still using AS tires as the lack of traction will keep from transmitting counter torque back into the CVT which you may be starting to push pretty hard.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Myx, you need to put the datalog file in a .zip file and then it will upload here.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Myx, you need to put the datalog file in a .zip file and then it will upload here.
Ok, let's see how this works.

Attachments

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Myx, with such a short datalog this will just be a quick snapshot of the one WOT pull you did. Everything from fuel trims to IAT's and hitting the boost targets looks excellent. Your K. Control is elevated but 6,000+ rpm and 100 mph will do that in a non-Si. ;) Honestly, this is as perfect a datalog as I've seen.

Honda Civic 10th gen 12 Second 1/4 Mile time - Street Tires  Is it Doable? Capture.GIF

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you ever manage to do anything regarding seeing why your boost is so much lower than your targets?

I would think there’s inherent safety in still using AS tires as the lack of traction will keep from transmitting counter torque back into the CVT which you may be starting to push pretty hard.
I added 'T' bolt clamps earlier at two points. Also, the connection to the throttle body was questionable so I tightened it pretty good. I have to do more datalogs but I can't use my custom files on the Ktuner V2 yet. Waiting on Derek to 'unlock' the custom files so I can transfer them over to the V2 and then reflash my ECU.

I have been hoping that the increased amount of torque being put on the CVT has been somewhat offset by the lighter wheel/tires that I'm using. Going from a wheel/tire that was 48.8lbs stock to wheels that are 31.6lbs is significant. Especially with having smaller diameter tires that are 4lbs lighter than the stock ones (21lbs vs 17lbs). 48.8lbs - 31.6lbs = 17.2lbs (X4 for four wheels) = -68.8lbs less wheel weight. So although the engine is putting more torque towards the wheel, it has less 'resistance' from trying to turn the wheel/tires. So hoping the wheel/tires offset the amount of extra work the CVT is being asked to do.

OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

tacocat

First Name
matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si coupe
Country flag
I know it's not available or ideal for everyone, but draggy numbers are about like dyno numbers. They are good to compare mods but that's about it. Unless the times are at a legit level track with timeslips, then it's really just for entertainment for the individual.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed.

There's way too many factors and variables involved.

I just use my famous butt dyno which often is all that matters. Smiles per gallon is what it's all about, not just numbers.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Myx

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm easily entertained. Outside of 1/4 mile times,
I know it's not available or ideal for everyone, but draggy numbers are about like dyno numbers. They are good to compare mods but that's about it. Unless the times are at a legit level track with timeslips, then it's really just for entertainment for the individual.

This is true! I'm just posting for information and entertainment purposes. I'm entertained! :p

I watched many videos of the CVT Civic vs on the SamCarLegion Youtube channel and was impressed. I asked him who did his tune and he said it was RevItUpBrasil. Not gonna lie! I'm sold! RevItUp is using a Vargas turbo with ethanol. Full bolt ons! Rest stock!

SamCarLegion below is using a 27Won turbo with Ethanol if I remember correctly.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The best gauge is for me is, line up to the car next to you at a stop light and go! For shits and giggles, I lined up earlier this year against a new BMW. It was a 4dr, dark color but with the blacked out badges, I couldn't tell what model. By the time I got to about 50mph, he blew by me. I don't think he knew I was gonna punch it. Knew I wouldn't win, but still great fun.
Sponsored

• Haha