ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan / 04’ CRV EX 5MT
Country flag
Is it possible? i Iove the retro look and really want to swap but dont know if it works
Sponsored

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it possible? i Iove the retro look and really want to swap but dont know if it works
I guess you are meaning entire assembly, airbag, controls and all. In that case it would be too expensive, probably dangerous, and likely unworkable. Generally if you are swapping steering wheels it is just the steering wheel itself and then you are swapping over the airbag and controls from the OE wheel. I did this for the Buddy Club wheel I have.

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I guess you are meaning entire assembly, airbag, controls and all. In that case it would be too expensive, probably dangerous, and likely unworkable. Generally if you are swapping steering wheels it is just the steering wheel itself and then you are swapping over the airbag and controls from the OE wheel. I did this for the Buddy Club wheel I have.
I mean just the steering wheel

OP
OP
ChefRyeSi

ChefRyeSi

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The airbag is a completely different shape, so you'd need all that swapped with it...
Unfortunate………

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean just the steering wheel
Is the steering wheel itself even any different? The differences seem to be in the controls and airbag shape (e.g. the parts that would not swap over). That’s why I assumed you must be talking about the entire assembly.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Is the steering wheel itself even any different? The differences seem to be in the controls and airbag shape (e.g. the parts that would not swap over). That’s why I assumed you must be talking about the entire assembly.
Not too different besides what you mentioned and the different spoke style at the 6 o'clock position

Honda Civic 10th gen 11th gen steering wheel on 10th gens? JDPA_2022 Honda Civic Touring Sedan Interior Dashboard

Honda Civic 10th gen 11th gen steering wheel on 10th gens? civic-si-coupe-interior

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not too different besides what you mentioned and the different spoke style at the 6 o'clock position

JDPA_2022 Honda Civic Touring Sedan Interior Dashboard.jpg

civic-si-coupe-interior.jpg
I see. That’s are part of the assembly. You’d have to do the full assembly, airbag and all, to get those bits that the OP wants. The steering wheel isjust the leather wrapped surround. I don’t have a pic of the OE part, but this is the Buddy Club.
Honda Civic 10th gen 11th gen steering wheel on 10th gens? 7822B4B3-20A7-4AE0-B24F-868A966D7577

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I see. That’s are part of the assembly. You’d have to do the full assembly, airbag and all, to get those bits that the OP wants. The steering wheel isjust the leather wrapped surround. I don’t have a pic of the OE part, but this is the Buddy Club.
7822B4B3-20A7-4AE0-B24F-868A966D7577.jpeg
Nice wheel! I'm not the OP, but I changed mine up to a similar one.

If you're going to swap steering wheels on a sporty car, may as well go for something sporty! Lol

Honda Civic 10th gen 11th gen steering wheel on 10th gens? 20191101_133330
Sponsored