Looks a lot like the 10th

those wheels look better though

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Looks are ok, but who knows exactly what it will end up looking like. The deal-breaker for me will be the Powertrain. If they move away from relatively low weight front wheel drive vehicle it will lose my interest.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Mmm. It looks to me a very bulky rear end & with those wider tires what's that: 255s? wheel is the FK2 one. This might be an AWD mule. Purist will be mad ;), but you can’t get more modular than that..

What I would like to see in the next CTR is not AWD, but a nice sequential gearbox. I would not mind If it is the ZF 8 speed found inthe new Supra, as long Honda could get an aggressive shifting program on it., making the car even quicker at the track :thumbsup:

Honda Civic 10th gen 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED! 2022-11thgen-Civic-Type-R-22HondaCivicTpR.s21.KGP

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Mmm. It looks to me a very bulky rear end & with those wider tires what's that: 255s? wheel is the FK2 one. This might be an AWD mule. Purist will be mad ;), but you can’t get more modular than that..

What I would like to see in the next CTR is not AWD, but a nice sequential gearbox. I would not mind If it is the ZF 8 speed found inthe new Supra, as long Honda could get an aggressive shifting program on it., making the car even quicker at the track :thumbsup:

2022-11thgen-Civic-Type-R-22HondaCivicTpR.s21.KGP.jpg
That's a pretty large wing on on that too. Could it be an Si or Type R? Maybe it's just for looks or won't make it to production though.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
That's a pretty large wing on on that too. Could it be an Si or Type R? Maybe it's just for looks or won't make it to production though.
Yes, who knows. Hopefully, if any it could be for the Type R. It would be interesting what Honda can do with the Si..

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
I keep looking at the photos and in some shots it looks like a camo'd up fk8 with a different wing, head lights etc, but the rear quarter is weird and looks too bloated.

Great news though as we all speculated if the current would be the last. Weird timing in a way though, limited edition not found homes yet!

evolute

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I keep looking at the photos and in some shots it looks like a camo'd up fk8 with a different wing, head lights etc, but the rear quarter is weird and looks too bloated.

Great news though as we all speculated if the current would be the last. Weird timing in a way though, limited edition not found homes yet!
Kinda looks like a 10th gen Accord with a type r wing.

Rottboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 BB CType R; ''17 Alfa Romeo 4C Coupe; 15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550;
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Found out early this morning and it's great news for the CTR to continue in the 11th Gen.
Gotta agree with the comments that no AWD, but DSG would be great! If totally gas fed aIl am in.
My deposit in with my dealer who thinks I'm nuts cause they have no official news yet.
Will end up with 2 CTR's in the garage. Redundant, I know, but my 4 sons can fight over them when I'm in heaven!!!

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag

2022-11thgen-Civic-Type-R-22HondaCivicTpR.s21.KGP.jpg
I don't see a rear diff? How could this be AWD?

frtorres87

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I don’t think it’s all wheel drive

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don’t think it’s all wheel drive
I doubt Honda will give us AWD. I feel like that could be a bargaining chip to push you into an Acura instead.
Sponsored