First Name
Admin
Reaction score
Car(s)
Honda
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
We've posted the first look at the 11th gen CIvic, and it happens to be a Type R!

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/11th-gen-civic-type-r-spied.49569/

Advertisement

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Reaction score
Car(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag

evolute

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
Looks are ok, but who knows exactly what it will end up looking like. The deal-breaker for me will be the Powertrain. If they move away from relatively low weight front wheel drive vehicle it will lose my interest.

Night Fury

Reaction score
Car(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Mmm. It looks to me a very bulky rear end & with those wider tires what's that: 255s? wheel is the FK2 one. This might be an AWD mule. Purist will be mad ;), but you can’t get more modular than that..

What I would like to see in the next CTR is not AWD, but a nice sequential gearbox. I would not mind If it is the ZF 8 speed found inthe new Supra, as long Honda could get an aggressive shifting program on it., making the car even quicker at the track :thumbsup:

2022-11thgen-Civic-Type-R-22HondaCivicTpR.s21.KGP.jpg

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Reaction score
Car(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Mmm. It looks to me a very bulky rear end & with those wider tires what's that: 255s? wheel is the FK2 one. This might be an AWD mule. Purist will be mad ;), but you can’t get more modular than that..

What I would like to see in the next CTR is not AWD, but a nice sequential gearbox. I would not mind If it is the ZF 8 speed found inthe new Supra, as long Honda could get an aggressive shifting program on it., making the car even quicker at the track :thumbsup:

That's a pretty large wing on on that too. Could it be an Si or Type R? Maybe it's just for looks or won't make it to production though.

sean465

Reaction score
Car(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
I keep looking at the photos and in some shots it looks like a camo'd up fk8 with a different wing, head lights etc, but the rear quarter is weird and looks too bloated.

Great news though as we all speculated if the current would be the last. Weird timing in a way though, limited edition not found homes yet!

evolute

Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic type R
Country flag
I keep looking at the photos and in some shots it looks like a camo'd up fk8 with a different wing, head lights etc, but the rear quarter is weird and looks too bloated.

Great news though as we all speculated if the current would be the last. Weird timing in a way though, limited edition not found homes yet!
Kinda looks like a 10th gen Accord with a type r wing.

Rottboy

Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 BB CType R,'15 Honda Fit LX Manual; '14 MB G550; '10 Bentley Continental Flying Spur Speed
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Found out early this morning and it's great news for the CTR to continue in the 11th Gen.
Gotta agree with the comments that no AWD, but DSG would be great! If totally gas fed aIl am in.
My deposit in with my dealer who thinks I'm nuts cause they have no official news yet.
Will end up with 2 CTR's in the garage. Redundant, I know, but my 4 sons can fight over them when I'm in heaven!!!

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag

I don't see a rear diff? How could this be AWD?