11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!!

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Being a salesman at a Honda dealership, if you want an AWD Honda not counting a SUV, you need to purchase an acura... ILX = Civic AWD TLX = Accord AWD
I also know we will see a Hybrid variant of every vehicle eventually, the Insight is the Civic Hybrid...

If that is a differential in that picture, than this is not a US Honda but a US Acura...
How do you know the next gen ctr won't be awd? I am not saying it will be(I hope it will be), but if your credentials for knowing it won't be is you're a salesman, I'll take that with a grain of salt.
Sponsored

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
Another New Technology simply replaces the Spark Plugs with Pre-Ignition Chambers. See article below:

https://www.purdue.edu/newsroom/rel...nd-lower-emissions-of-combustion-engines.html

This has been used "in some F1 racing cars because of its superior performance".

● Qiao said. “Several automotive engine companies have started exploring pre-chamber technology for passage cars.”
â—Ź Qiao is currently collaborating with industry on design and optimization of passive and active pre-chambers for gasoline engines.
Will this be the return of the CVCC?

Joesterslim

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe Rally Red, 1992 Honda Accord EX
Country flag
How do you know the next gen ctr won't be awd? I am not saying it will be(I hope it will be), but if your credentials for knowing it won't be is you're a salesman, I'll take that with a grain of salt.
Making an AWD civic would cost the customer more money, pretty much putting them near or above the price point of the ILX. The AWD variants of the CRV, HRV, Pilot, Passport are much more than their 2WD counterparts

No one is going to buy a "Civic" with a sticker price of 45k. But they will pay that much for an "Acura"

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 19 TLX
Country flag
Making an AWD civic would cost the customer more money, pretty much putting them near or above the price point of the ILX. The AWD variants of the CRV, HRV, Pilot, Passport are much more than their 2WD counterparts

No one is going to buy a "Civic" with a sticker price of 45k. But they will pay that much for an "Acura"
Impreza doesn't cost that much.
Lancer didn't either.
Same with Golf Alltrack.

Having AWD won't affect price range that much.
It's just that the customers will have to pay $ 2k more for the option.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The civic type r does not compete with the ILX. They appeal to completely different demographics.

Lots of people paid that in the US with adm.

AWD is a $1500 option on the CR-V. Not sure why you think adding AWD to the ctr would add $8000 to its msrp. Get real! The ctr's direct competitors have AWD. Do it, Honda!

Joesterslim

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe Rally Red, 1992 Honda Accord EX
Country flag
The civic type r does not compete with the ILX. They appeal to completely different demographics.

Lots of people paid that in the US with adm.

AWD is a $1500 option on the CR-V. Not sure why you think adding AWD to the ctr would add $8000 to its msrp. Get real! The ctr's direct competitors have AWD. Do it, Honda!
When Acura drops that turbo v6 manual TLX, you will see some type r owners switch... If there was a 2.0t Acura ILX I bet quite a few would jump on that bandwagon and even attract new buyers who hate the "ricer" styling of the type r

AWD is about 2200 more on the cheapest LX model, and scales going up to the touring.

Lets not forget that AWD is for ROOKIES or AMATEUR drivers. NO professional racing series is AWD except for OFFROAD ones. The Type R was designed for the track.
AWD is also much less efficient, your pushing and additional differential, driveshaft, and two more axles... why do you think I smoke STI's from a roll with my stock Si?

There will be a HYBRID Type R before you see an AWD Type R

Last edited:

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 19 TLX
Country flag
When Acura drops that turbo v6 manual TLX,
That's not happening. 10spd Auto Only.

AWD is about 2200 more on the cheapest LX model, and scales going up to the touring.
It's $1500 more on CR-V and $2K on Pilot and Passport, $2240 for Ridgeline.
It's mostly 1K to 2K for other companies too.
Altima, for example, offers it for about $1350.

Lets not forget that AWD is for ROOKIES or AMATEUR drivers. NO professional racing series is AWD except for OFFROAD ones. The Type R was designed for the track.
lol Rookies and Amateur drivers. There are many pro drivers who race AWD.
There are hill climb, touring car, endurance races with AWD vehicles.
Yes, RWD is obviously dominant with some FWD-only series like TCR, but you can't say there's NONE.

AWD is also much less efficient, your pushing and additional differential, driveshaft, and two more axles... why do you think I smoke STI's from a roll with my stock Si?

That, I have to agree. Although not much, it is less efficient for sure, and costs more to buy and maintain. A lot more weight too.

But you can't SMOKE STIs from a roll in a STOCK Si.
Unless you and I understand the term very differently.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When Acura drops that turbo v6 manual TLX, you will see some type r owners switch... If there was a 2.0t Acura ILX I bet quite a few would jump on that bandwagon and even attract new buyers who hate the "ricer" styling of the type r

There will be a HYBRID Type R before you see an AWD Type R
So much misinformation in this post, not hard to tell you're a salesman!

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
I'd love a type R without all the scoops, flaps, and spoilers. Make it look like a plain LX coupe. IMO that would be cool. Then you could really surprise the guy next to you at the stoplight if you felt like it.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Never thought I'd be interested in dumping the R so soon but the 2021 TLX Type S has me really thinking about the possibilities. I know it'll be a 10 speed, that's my only disappointment. Otherwise, depending on the power output (which they haven't announced for the Type S), I am highly interested and may end up trading in my CTR when the time comes next year

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Never thought I'd be interested in dumping the R so soon but the 2021 TLX Type S has me really thinking about the possibilities. I know it'll be a 10 speed, that's my only disappointment. Otherwise, depending on the power output (which they haven't announced for the Type S), I am highly interested and may end up trading in my CTR when the time comes next year
Same, but I don't think I could afford a Type S. Have to see on that. However, one thing that gives me pause (I've experienced the 10 speed before and I have to say it's a very nice automatic transmission) is the fact that the TLX is even wider than the Type R. At 75.2 inches wide, it's about 2 inches wider than the Type R. One of my pet peeves is driving wide vehicles - my distance judging from the side of the car is not that great.

coopermidnight

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Type S caught my eye too! I'm pretty attached to manual transmissions, but as a Honda fanboy I won't really have any options left after the CTR gets old. In fact, if I keep the CTR long enough, there probably won't be new cars with 6-speeds from any manufacturer by the time I trade it in.

I will probably get a used, red Type S a long time from now. Unless Honda brings the "e" to the states :D

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Unless Toyota releases AWD on their Corolla or Camry, Honda won't do it.
I don't see the correlation. Corolla and Camry has nothing that competes specifically with the civic type r. And btw, Camry DOES have several awd options! So...?
Civic type r is in competition with the golf r and sti.. and we know how many wheels those are driven with. If it's all about mirroring toyota as you say, the ctr wouldn't even exist.

Last edited:

smokeelaa

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Nissan 370z
Country flag
Looking closer at the picture of the interior. That steering wheel looks like the steering wheel on the current gen Accord.

Granted could be a placeholder, so who knows.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I think a lot of people are a bit confused about that. Type S is a trim level down below Type R. The TLX Type S is not going to be like a BMW M3 competitor, it is more going to be like an Audi S5 competitor. The TLX Type S won't come close to the Type R's handling or braking performance and probably won't be quicker in a straight line- it's going to be waaaay heavier and maybe have 330-370hp max. Think luxury car with a small bit of fun- but definitely not a performance car.
The TLX Type S will very likely be quicker to 60mph than the CTR. The Audi S5 you mentioned goes 0-60 quicker than a CTR by .6 seconds, while weighing over 4000lbs and having -only- 354hp. The current V6 AWD TLX weighs in at ~3800lbs. Acura hasn't used "Type-R" labels on the U.S. for almost 20 years, instead labeling their highest performance versions as "Type-S". There currently is no hierarchical relationship between these two labels. Hondas have Type-R, Acuras have Type-S.
Sponsored