11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!!

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
Another observation are the headlights. They have the Honda style LEDs and not the Jewel Eye design from Acura. Also the car is testing in Europe, where the last Type Rs were developed before production and where Acura doesn't exist. As far as it being AWD, I can't tell, but that seems like the next step in extracting more performance. Nevertheless, I'd love to see a new ILX (please call it Integra) Type S.
Sponsored

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
i like the current infotainment system where it is now built in instead of stuck on top of dashboard and I don’t like the BMW look of the grille however the tires look nice and wide,not digging the rims however,right now it looks to me like they ruined a good thing maybe the vents will be a lot better looking hopefully

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
Fuck it! Let’s make an Odyssey Sport Type R variant!
The Honda Accord is a long looking plain sedan That begs for a complete do over i love the looks of the civic sport touring hatch

Greyhouse

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 sport touring
Country flag
Another observation are the headlights. They have the Honda style LEDs and not the Jewel Eye design from Acura. Also the car is testing in Europe, where the last Type Rs were developed before production and where Acura doesn't exist. As far as it being AWD, I can't tell, but that seems like the next step in extracting more performance. Nevertheless, I'd love to see a new ILX (please call it Integra) Type S.
I think I would be the first one to buy an ilx if it was better than the civic even if it was 10k more

Vijay

First Name
Vijay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.6
Country flag
It needs some work . I'll go for the current generation

joe007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Integra
Country flag
Looks nice, hopefully they drop the electronic parking brake for an old school handbrake and add some weight reduction. May have to buy one of these if Honda can deliver.

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Wait but is there no video footage? I would to hear how it sounds even with the fake exhaust lol

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
This is a trend that needs to go. I understand it’s easier from a serviceability standpoint, but how often do they need to be serviced? Should be 0.
I want that screen as high up as it can be without being washed out by external light or obstructing the windshield. Maybe it being low and "built-in" looks pretty, but is impractical. So I much prefer the "slapped on" displays, as most cars will have.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The camo doesn't cover up the panel gaps. The camo doesn't cover up the reflectors. The camo doesn't cover the windows.
So what? This test car was not assembled on any assembly line that the final car would be, so its panel gaps are irrelevant. And the camo may cover parts of windows and lights. I don't even believe the BMW-like divided grille. It's just all duct tape, smoke and mirrors.

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait but is there no video footage? I would to hear how it sounds even with the fake exhaust lol
Maybe later. With spy shots, time is money. First person to submit to the mass media gets the highest payout. Video takes 10x more time to transmit and process, not to mention the lower resolution.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Isn’t it weird that the 11th gen CTR gets leaked before the base 11th gen?

Any guesses where this will be manufactured? Ohio plant?
Not weird at all. I treat the Type R as a promotion for the civic.