TMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW FK8
Country flag
That side profile tho
Honda Civic 10th gen 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! sidebeluga

The longer front end probably means a bigger engine? I can't imagine Honda dumping the turbo charged I4 so soon though.

It seems more likely that this is an Accord with a wing, maybe a LE that comes with a wing or something.
Looks to have exactly the same proportions to the FK8 to me. Look closely at the distance between the edge of the front door and the wheel - it's basically the same. The camo tape makes it look like the front overhang is enormous, but the FK8 is the same. The 10th gen civic isn't a small car, but they did a lot of visual tricks to make it look smaller, particularly the front and rear overhangs.

The main difference I'm seeing is that the body line below the side windows continues to the front wind screen. In the 10th gen civic the front guards and bonnet hide the bottom of the windscreen. Or perhaps it is more or less the same and they have placed the camo tape over the side windows to disguise the body line.

Last edited:

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
By comparing the rear differential from the Acura RDX to this prototype, it has some similarities (see red circles). So this might be an AWD.
If we look at the license plate place on the tailgate (yellow square), it is only suitable for NA license plates.

Honda Civic 10th gen 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! honda1

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
10th gen Si owner sounding off, first Honda. Super excited that this exists at all. I'm sure the looks from the driver's seat on a sublime piece of road/track will be great. Hope this makes it in to showrooms given all the turmoil going on right now in the auto industry. It's a great time to be a Honda enthusiast in the NA market. ?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I want an Integra Type-R Coupe with a hatchback.

And a pony.
You'll probably will have an easier time getting a unicorn.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
By comparing the rear differential from the Acura RDX to this prototype, it has some similarities (see red circles). So this might be an AWD.
If we look at the license plate place on the tailgate (yellow square), it is only suitable for NA license plates.

honda1.jpg
That kind of screams Acura then, doesn't it?

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag

honda1.jpg
If you're familiar with the rear suspension on the current civic and Accord, those two bolts look pretty clearly to be the rear lower control arm inner mounting bolts. I do not see any sort of differential in that spy shot.

Looks like the expected rear subframe.

S2kx8

First Name
CJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1995 Civic EX, 2001, 2005, 2008 S2000's, 2020 Si
Country flag
Hoping it’s a refinement all around. Though the drivetrain, interior, performance and tech of GenX is impressive the exterior styling in my opinion is quite confused, cluttered with to many odd angles, cut outs, creases and fake vents. Looked like a transformer that never quite fit back together correctly.

hpbyhermann

First Name
Hermann
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Championship white Type R #25133, 09' Civic SI sedan, black 2013 Boss 302 Laguna Seca, 1993 Mustang Cobra, 2004 Mustang Cobra
Country flag
I see a whole lot of Acura in those pictures....I have a 19' FK8 and a 19' Accord Sport 2.0 to compare it to......I vote Acura.

Drake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Si
Country flag
What would be the target demographic for an accord type-r? It's not a light, hot hatch for the youths, it's not powerful or sporty enough to justify wild styling like the xe project 8 or giulia gta. Would STI buyers really consider cross-shopping with an accord? Don't get me wrong, I love anything sporty and not-an-suv, but I don't think Honda would set themselves up for failure by selling a huge bulky sedan with boy-racer styling.

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Could they be bringing back the Accord Type R? This definitely could be the car in the spy shots
A2.jpg

A1.jpg
Dang this looks really good. But I do not think they will bring an Accord R, but a Civic Type R with accord looks? It makes sense this prototype looks more like Accord because of global platform.

NazTehRpR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
What would be the target demographic for an accord type-r? It's not a light, hot hatch for the youths, it's not powerful or sporty enough to justify wild styling like the xe project 8 or giulia gta. Would STI buyers really consider cross-shopping with an accord? Don't get me wrong, I love anything sporty and not-an-suv, but I don't think Honda would set themselves up for failure by selling a huge bulky sedan with boy-racer styling.
Fuck it! Let’s make an Odyssey Sport Type R variant!
Sponsored