JaysCTR2528
First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 EK HATCH EJ6 & 2017 CTR FK8
Country flag
Im not sure if thats a civic "type r" looks more like a clarity/accord to me the wing has no business with the body style it just doesnt go with it maybe Si-R??? doesn't hurt to guess:coffee:

Dejavu

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CTR
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! 1590194919511
Honda Civic 10th gen 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! 1590194963446

To me this definitely looks like a Civic Type R. It seems that they redesigned front and rear end completely and they kind of remind me of the Accord/Clarity/Insight which are already on global platform so maybe this is where the similarities came from.

The car looks more rear-wheel based because it looks like a muscle car-ish? So maybe AWD perhaps?

It seems like they are keeping the same wheel and updated the infotainment (that tablet sticking out sucks). I hope they put some good exhaust on it so I can grab one aftermarket instead of keeping the ASC.

Hopefully this will bring down the mark ups on the 2020 Type Rs. It seems like Type R is not limited production run anymore. It seems like they will skip 2021 for normal production Type R and come out with the next gen in 2022 which is pretty much expected due to how well it's selling and the 10th gen civic is due for redesign. I am more interested in how the performance will be improved because by the time it comes out, the competition will definitely put up a fight unlike the FK8 years.

Last edited:

justasimpleman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 PWP FC1 Si
Country flag
anyone that follows honda on Instagram, remember a post or story sometime last year with a mention of a type R accord? I think it was a story, unless they deleted the post, because I couldn’t find it a few days later.

thebutcher

NSFW
First Name
The Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Chevy C10 custom deluxe, 2014 Harley Davidson Ultra Limited, 2019 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The front looks like a BMW and the side looks like a Dodge with a wing

amurciano

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R FK8
Country flag
Could this be an Accord Type R?!?!, the rear reflectors are in same area and front has that 2020 Accord vibe to it, especially the shape of headlights and boxier front. Kinda like a crosstour Type r .
I feel like this would cater to the people that thought CTR was too much for the younger crowd.

staylurkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI Coupe, 14' Accord Coupe v6 (RIP)
Country flag
99% sure It's not an Accord Type R. Honda have already said they don't want to dilute the Type R name. Also, the Accord isn't sold in the UK, Europe, or Japan, and I believe those are biggest markets for the Type R outside of North America. It's also not an Acura. On some spy shots you can see the outline of the Honda emblem on the grille, opposed to the Acura which is more rounded. Aesthetically I like what I'm seeing thus far. It looks lower, wider, and the rear overhang looks shorter. The aero pieces flow with the body instead of looking tacked on. I was hung up on the new Type S for next year but now Honda has me excited about the Civic again..

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
Looks like a BMW >_<

The_Asian

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Ex-T
Country flag
The front end is giving me strong late 1990's-Early 2000's bmw vibes, but I really do like the rear tail lights compared to my 10th gen civic

Amatsukaze

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The longer front end probably means a bigger engine? I can't imagine Honda dumping the turbo charged I4 so soon though.

It seems more likely that this is an Accord with a wing, maybe a LE that comes with a wing or something.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ummmm. Why does the front end scream BMW?
for fucks sake, isnt it obvious enought?

because they taped off that section where the badge is, so its end up looking like a bmw

The Veloster N is not available in the European market.
yeah, I edited my post already

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
One thing to keep in mind. The camo and especially the padding they're using in certain areas can give the illusion of a different shape than what's underneath. Don't assume it's quite as bulbous and blocky as it appears.

As far as the interior, I personally hate the stuck on tablet look.

Riko

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.0L Turbo, CVT, Elegance trim
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks like a BMW >_<
but a sticker that devides the grill, and most cars suddenly look like a bmw

Wow. 100% bmw vibes on the front end/headlights
wow, and 80% of the whole front is covered and it will look like 75% different without all the camo.

TBH, the cameo Civic looks more BMW than current modern BMW we actually see riding without camo on the road
:rolleyes:

So dont worry, its just a cameo, because it has a bmw vibe, it wont end up looking like bmw

cameo certainly doing its thing by reading 90% of the reactions here
Sponsored