Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
hmm, door mounted side view mirrors, new hood scoop/vent design but no fender vents. I do like the new rear wing design, as well as the headlights being quad beam.
Sponsored

Purple Drink

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2007 Subaru STI, 1965 El Camino
Country flag
Too Tall, or is that just me?

First rule of thumb.... it's ugly. Looks like a Evo and a Caliber had a bastard child.

Purple Drink

First Name
Ronald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2007 Subaru STI, 1965 El Camino
Country flag
I do like that there is only one wing. I hate cleaning under my second one.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Charger in the front, Audi in the back. It's like a mullet
BMW in the front. Charger at a 45 degree. But lets be real, nobody likes a new design until it's out and then it grows on ya and everybody likes it. Happens with every. single. generation.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The speculation is getting interesting now. This is probably exactly what Honda wants. PERSONALLY, I think I'd like to see what a next gen ILX will be like.
That is an interesting theory... obviously with camo it's hard to tell, test mule and such who knows... but it definitely shares more with honda styling from what we can see than the direction acura is going with the new TLX... if it was a bit more angular and pointed at the font I think I'd see it more as an acura. Again, it could be a cobbled together mess under than camo that is throwing everyone off. It looks like an evolution of the civic, it doesn't look like a new acura product IMO, but the idea is non the less feasible at this point. Personally I think it'd make more business sense for Acura to kill the ILX and bring in a small luxury crossover as their point of entry, from a sales perspective, rather than a small sedan/hatch.

I think a lot of people don't want it to be the civic because they don't want to see their cars become obsolete, but such is life when it comes to cars, computers, cell phones, etc. That's why I like leasing and being able to get a new car every 2-3 years.

RobbJK88

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
BMW in the front. Charger at a 45 degree. But lets be real, nobody likes a new design until it's out and then it grows on ya and everybody likes it. Happens with every. single. generation.
Seriously this. Everyone HATED the 10th gen when the first spy shots started leaking out. And to that point, honda's always look better in person, they always photograph poorly. Add in camo and fake padding to the mix and it's not meant to be attractive yet.

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Everyone talking about how BMW it looks because of the kidney grill. It could just be the emblem they're covering up, and just using the camo from top to bottom of the grill. I'll wait until it gets revealed to make any judgements.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
Everyone talking about how BMW it looks because of the kidney grill. It could just be the emblem they're covering up, and just using the camo from top to bottom of the grill. I'll wait until it gets revealed to make any judgements.
Of course. That's the whole point of the camo. Nobody likes anything new at first. And then all of a sudden they do.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
So no photoshop experts out there that can work some magic based on these photos?
We've already worked out the doors, roof, front fenders, windshield, and hood match up near perfect with the current Accord.

What else do you want? They obviously put current accord panels onto the thing. Whether it's meant to conceal the real thing or if it's actually just a less-than-well camouflaged Accord Fastback Type R, well that's all speculation.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
These look like two different cars or taken at different times. One photo has the trailer hitch while the other one doesn’t.

This may have AWD due to the weird exhaust pipe routing to make room for the drive shaft and or rear differential.

The Camry will be getting AWD soon, which makes me think this is a performance Accord to compete with a future Camry TRD Pro with AWD.

Don’t you find it odd that an 11th gen Type R spy shot would show up before the 11th gen base Civic?

Last edited: