11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!!

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
I'll be a little disappointed if it loses the wild Gundam/Robotech styling. I would like how the new vertical infotainment screen might have less chance of being washed out with reflections, though.
Sponsored

Zeffy94

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mazda3 GT Hatch 6AT, 2018 Honda Civic Type R (traded in)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it just me or are these 'hatchbacks' just getting longer and longer. Looking more like a less-practical wagon than a hot hatch
To be honest, the Civic hatch is more of a fastback than a traditional hatchback. The Mazda 3 hatch, Corolla Hatch and Elantra GT are more of the "true" hatchbacks.

stariq812

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW FK8
Country flag
Interesting. The front end is giving me slight BMW 2 series vibes. Silhouette is more or less the same, but definite heavy tweaks to front and rear. Interesting little peak into the interior as well. Glad to see the updated infotainment system. Looks like a whole new design direction for headlights and taillights, though at this point could be preproduction stand ins and not anything close to the final result. Judging by the tail lights it even looks like honda could be floating a new full width taillight bar on models other than the coupe, but that's just a guess.
Front end BMW and back end Tesla

reallynotnick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
Yeah this looks way too much like a Dodge Charger. Type R has always been out of my league but I fear what this means for the rest of the lineup.

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
Really psyched to see this. If it's true that there's going to be an 11th gen CTR, I'll happily pass on the LE 2021 CTR

m3cosmos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE
Country flag
Interesting. Hope it keep the performance and improve upon everything. Many times the new gen is not the best gen.

Rasy

First Name
Rasy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW #15337
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I see they went with the slapped on Infotainment look.
This is a trend that needs to go. I understand it’s easier from a serviceability standpoint, but how often do they need to be serviced? Should be 0.

HondasRun4ever

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T Coupe
Country flag
Utterly hideous. Of course, the current Civic sedan & hatchback are also hideous. The only good looking Civic is the coupe. I hope they don't quit making them, like they did with the Accord.
Sponsored