First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Sedan Sport, '08 GSXR 600
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It like a bmw and charger gave birth to this.
It's either the grill is going to be MASSIVE like Lexus or we gonna starting competing with BMW on bigger kidney stones.

TMM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW FK8
Country flag
A lot of body panels look like they are exactly the same as the accord, including the windows and A/B pillars.
Looks civic to me

Honda Civic 10th gen 11th GEN CIVIC TYPE R SPIED!! proportions

Side windows are more reminiscent of the current accord, and the door handle location is different. Otherwise things are very very similar to current civic.

batman900

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type-R 2020 4Runner 2019 Camry 2011 Accord
Country flag
Okay lets make a more fair comparison with 2 camo pictures of 10th gen and 11th gen
honda-civic-type-r-4.jpg
https___api.thedrive.com_wp-content_uploads_2020_05_9.jpeg
Thank you, this is what I've been picturing in my head and maybe it's just the angle or a number of things but it looks like a lower roof line and longer wheel base, feels like more of a sedan or wagon than a hot hatch.

Anyways speculating is all part of the fun.

JTM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
From what I can see I like it. The guys that see the Charger hints I can see that, too. But, I would rather have a Honda any day of the week. Not sure about the infotainment system. Wonder about the Speedo, Tach, Temp and Tank ? Hopefully, they will be your interesting.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
I think it could the new Accord Euro-R. This is probably the overseas variant of the upcoming Acura TLX Type-S we're getting (full reveal coming on May 28th!). Back when the Acura TSX was here in the states, overseas markets were blessed with the same chassis/body, but had a K20A and was called the Accord Euro-R.

Zavage

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EJ6, FC1, Accord CU1
Country flag
Back when the Acura TSX was here in the states, overseas markets were blessed with the same chassis/body, but had a K20A and was called the Accord Euro-R.
In Japan and only the first gen TSX. Not overseas. In the rest of the world the Acura TSX was a Honda Accord with various engines. The Accord with the K20 had also a Type S Package with suspension tuning and a bodykit.

Jwolf

I Think I'm Fast
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 86, '19 CTR, Some other stuff
Country flag
You know, it might be the Accord TypeR

edit: excuse my poor photoshop lol

2022-11thgen-Civic-Type-R-22HondaCivicTpR.s09.KGP.jpg

2022-11thgen-Civic-Type-R-22HondaCivicTpR.s09.png

Comparisons like this just don't work. With the simple fact of we don't know the wheel base, you can't just go matching wheel positions/wheel wells with what already exists.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Comparisons like this just don't work. With the simple fact of we don't know the wheel base, you can't just go matching wheel positions/wheel wells with what already exists.
Assuming the rear brake rotor is 12" (same size as the current Civic Type R) the wheelbase is just over 4% longer, or around 111 inches (which happens to be about the Accord wheelbase).

Keep in mind there's a pretty large margin of error however I doubt the margin of error is large enough to explain the difference.

KoukiVAB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 CTR, 19 TLX
Country flag
Assuming the rear brake rotor is 12" (same size as the current Civic Type R) the wheelbase is just over 4% longer, or around 111 inches (which happens to be about the Accord wheelbase).

Keep in mind there's a pretty large margin of error however I doubt the margin of error is large enough to explain the difference.
It's never a good idea to use a photo for measuring things because of the distortion that happens inevitably.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
It's never a good idea to use a photo for measuring things because of the distortion that happens inevitably.
That's why I found the closest Type R photo I could for angle, distance, and field of view, and calculated a ratio for the distortion of the wheelbase since it is a known value.

As I said. Obviously the margin for error is large but I'm pretty sure it doesn't account for the difference.
Sponsored