Chris_19Si

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
If you drive in winter conditions with salt on the roads, make sure you put some anti seize on the threads of the screws. I've had one seize up and had to drill it out and tap the threads. I screwed up the threads and had to drill it out larger to accept a plastic push fastener instead. These screws have always been a problem for me. I also have to constantly reshape the lower engine cover from road debris on my commute. So much for l" lowering springs.
Sponsored

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Glad this thread was bumped. I just did my second oil change and was missing one of the two bolts. Thinking I'll use blue Threadlocker next time. I just ordered four to have a few extra.

CarolMartin

First Name
Carol
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic
Country flag
I had a similar situation with my ride. Luckily, my local dealer center swooped in to save the day – had the whole thing sorted in a jiffy. Guess sometimes it's just one of those "right place, right time" things!

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just used a $10 Amazon set a couple days ago. It's nice that all the fasteners come together in one package instead of ordering each one separately.

Time will tell if they hold up, but considering how many have been lost over the past 5+ years, I'm not too concerned

christianphillips

First Name
christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I know my reply is a bit late, but your post caught my eye! Been there, done that – the struggle of finding the right bolts can be so real. I remember scouring the entire internet just to track down suitable bolts when I was in the same skid plate fiasco. But hey, guess what? Luck was on my side, and I stumbled upon scrooz.com.au. They had these high-quality bolts and fasteners that worked like a charm. Now my skid plate is all sorted and no more headaches.
Sponsored

Last edited: