10th gen si. smelling something.

Drix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
does anyone get a funny smell after the a/c turns on?
Sponsored

Tenshi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How are you turning the AC off at the end of your drives? The AC pulls moisture from the air and some of it will stay in the system and start smelling funky the next time you use it. Best practice is to flush the system with dry air before turning the car off. About a minute before you turn the car off (home stretch for your drive) turn the AC off and turn off 'recirculate air' so the car is pulling fresh outside air. This will evaporate that residual moisture and hopefully correct the issue. Good luck!

OP
OP
Drix

Drix

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
How are you turning the AC off at the end of your drives? The AC pulls moisture from the air and some of it will stay in the system and start smelling funky the next time you use it. Best practice is to flush the system with dry air before turning the car off. About a minute before you turn the car off (home stretch for your drive) turn the AC off and turn off 'recirculate air' so the car is pulling fresh outside air. This will evaporate that residual moisture and hopefully correct the issue. Good luck!
im usually getting the smell on a cold start.

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
What does "funny smell" mean, like rotten eggs or flowers?

JNRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
rotten eggs
How many miles do you have on the vehicle? I was smelling that before when I first got the car. I thought I was burning up the clutch.