10th gen SI/EX-T or 8th gen SI for easy power gains

First Name
miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rsx-s
Hi guys, so I'm debating on getting a four door car but I'm stuck between an 8th gen civic si or a 10th gen si or ex-t. I assumed the older si would be able to beat an ex-t with ease, but I've been reading on tons of sites that that is not the case, which I still thing it's some sort of fluke lol but anyway i wanted to know which car is easiest to add the most power with really only bolt ons and a tune. I don't wanna spend a bunch, but I do want the car to be fun whenever i want a little bit of power. I used to have an 06 rsx-s with h/i/e/tune and I loved it! I know the older SI's don't have as much power, but it's only a slight difference, I just need a 4 door car. I would think that the newer si and ex-t would be able to add more power very easily because of the turbos, but i'm not that much of a car person so I'm unsure. Any input is great.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You're going to get more bang for your buck when modifying the 1.5T platform vs any of the NA Hondas.

OP
OP
First Name
miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rsx-s
You're going to get more bang for your buck when modifying the 1.5T platform vs any of the NA Hondas.
so basically for just intake, header, exhaust, and tune i'm looking at gaining more power than if i were to put that on an NA SI?

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so basically for just intake, header, exhaust, and tune i'm looking at gaining more power than if i were to put that on an NA SI?
Yes. A tune should be number one. If E85 is readily available in your area, a flex fuel conversion is probably your next best bang for the buck mod.

drtye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FA5 FK8
Country flag
Welllll, as an owner of an fa5 and an fk8 it really depends on what your goals and preferences are.

With bolt ons (albeit not cheap ones) the fa5 is comfortably at 220 hp and 170 tq, pump 93. I would expect a bit more with e85. The platform now is mature and this number is not particularly hard to reach if you want to in the 10th gen (they are so nice to drive). I would assume most people are only modifying the turbo cars, and for good reason. I would expect gains in the future to be better than the 8th gen/k20z3 platform. However this being said, I love both cars and wouldn't want to get rid of either. Really depends on what your goals and personal preference is in regards to the way the vehicles drive.

OP
OP
First Name
miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rsx-s
Yes. A tune should be number one. If E85 is readily available in your area, a flex fuel conversion is probably your next best bang for the buck mod.
this might be a dumb question but wouldn't the tune be better after all those mods? that way it makes everything I guess in sync? and to be able to use e85 it's just part of the tune right?

OP
OP
First Name
miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rsx-s
Welllll, as an owner of an fa5 and an fk8 it really depends on what your goals and preferences are.

With bolt ons (albeit not cheap ones) the fa5 is comfortably at 220 hp and 170 tq, pump 93. I would expect a bit more with e85. The platform now is mature and this number is not particularly hard to reach if you want to in the 10th gen (they are so nice to drive). I would assume most people are only modifying the turbo cars, and for good reason. I would expect gains in the future to be better than the 8th gen/k20z3 platform. However this being said, I love both cars and wouldn't want to get rid of either. Really depends on what your goals and personal preference is in regards to the way the vehicles drive.
so im getting a 4 door because i am having a baby but my girlfriend has a car as well so the baby will rarely be in mine so i want something quick preferably faster than my old rsx, which by the sound of it the new si should be good amount faster than the 8th gen after tune and bolt ons. What do u think I'd be spending and how much hp roughly would i gain? as opposed to the NA SI?

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
OP you are going to need a new clutch if you do more than a tune on the 10th SI. Hell, you might need a clutch if you drive aggressively with a tune.

OP
OP
First Name
miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
rsx-s
OP you are going to need a new clutch if you do more than a tune on the 10th SI. Hell, you might need a clutch if you drive aggressively with a tune.
really? the clutch sucks? when u say clutch do u mean like the whole thing like flywheel and all that?

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so im getting a 4 door because i am having a baby but my girlfriend has a car as well so the baby will rarely be in mine so i want something quick preferably faster than my old rsx, which by the sound of it the new si should be good amount faster than the 8th gen after tune and bolt ons. What do u think I'd be spending and how much hp roughly would i gain? as opposed to the NA SI?
I have a 17 hatch running Hondata and no bolt ons and my wife has an rsx type s with I/H/E. My hatch pulls on her car in every situation. If you get a 10gen Si expect it to be seriously quick.

Robotaz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Country flag
I have a 17 hatch running Hondata and no bolt ons and my wife has an rsx type s with I/H/E. My hatch pulls on her car in every situation. If you get a 10gen Si expect it to be seriously quick.
Which Hondata tune are you running?

Sgamon12

First Name
Salvador
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Country flag
I’d say it comes down to your budget. You’re cross shopping a 10k car to a 24k car. That’s a big difference so it’s up to you to see if it’s worth it
Sponsored