OP
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback sport 1.5L Turbo
Country flag
Sounds good! Get it done this weekend. Let you know the results.

Thanks again and everyone else who put there thoughts into this.
Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Sounds good! Get it done this weekend. Let you know the results.

Thanks again and everyone else who put there thoughts into this.
No problem. Iā€™ve attached a picture of what is under the cover of your LC7, itā€™s just from the manual.
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th gen radio wiring IMG_2541

OP
OP
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will look into that DSP.
One more thing. I donā€™t have to move the other channel wires to combine with the main? Or, I can leave it plugged in and after summed the signal will move to main automatically?

Thanks

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Sport hatchback
Country flag
Will look into that DSP.
One more thing. I donā€™t have to move the other channel wires to combine with the main? Or, I can leave it plugged in and after summed the signal will move to main automatically?

Thanks
Sorry, I promise Iā€™m not trying to confuse you, lol. My first picture is wrong per how the lc7 works. I have edited it below, and added another diagram.

I donā€™t know how you have it wired now, cause your picture doesnā€™t show the inputs on the LC7, but you should use Channel 2 input only.

1. Connect your front right and left wires from the head unit to the Ch 2 input.
2. Move the jumper on channel 2 to ā€œsummedā€. You donā€™t need to move the jumper on ch3 as long as the ā€œauto modeā€ switch is ā€œonā€; which it should be.

This will basically use the front right and left output of your head unit to provide the signal for your front/rear/ and subs. Your rcas to your amps etc will stay the same.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th gen radio wiring IMG_2541

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th gen radio wiring IMG_2542

TheBelcherMan

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
That sucks! I say this because I am using the rear channel to feed a signal to my Lc7i and it gives a weak signal. I suppose then I should use an amplifier that is 1ohm stable and combine all four speakers into two channels (front) to get even sound. Again, time to upgrade radio.
Thanks for the advice.

Daughter's got the same car, but it's 2018 with Touring trim. Can't recall if that model of yours came with the "Premium", piece of crap 10 Speaker setup like hers? I found I got a full range signal from feeding my, JL Audio FiX 86 (just like JL's stuff, lot's more control vs AudioControls Lc7i, sure it's 2x the price) but in the end does the same thing. With the Front tweeters, Front Door and Sub and summing them up and time correcting everything. Then let the DSP "JL's TwK 88" put a shine on that nice full spectrum signal. Without the DSP, it was still a train wreck. She's now has perma-grin, when she rolling down the road. After I gave it back to her, told her not to wear a skirt, those two sub's can push some air :)

Just got the wife a 23 Pilot, sure it's got the same trash in it. That's my next project.

If you ever get a chance to play with JL's stuff, it's amazing and their software is really a pleasure to work with. JL, is Florida based company with some brilliant Engineers, everything they make is just a piece of art. Ever been in a room with a pair of Gotham v2 home theater Subs? Earth shattering!

Pair it up with a little USB, Audiofrog UMI-1 mic and you can tune it to your hearts content.

Good luck man.

OP
OP
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That advice did the trick. I summoned the channels and seperate control over highs, midst, and subs with a stronger signal feeding from the head unit into the Lc7i. However, since my radio is crap. I had to increase the volume (voltage) as close to 6 volts as possible and let the Lc7i make up the rest. I been trying different methods to tune my setup. I realized that the Audio Control does give some distortion when increasing the voltage output and the acu-bass increases the voltage as well. Acu-bass feels more like bass boost. Also, I figure when setting my sub amp. It would be better to turn off acu-bass then set it afterwards. At the default setting, tuning the sub amp seems not as loud as I had it before I got the Lc7i. Right now, everything is set to spec. My four channel amp puts out enough sound to blend in with the subs for now and my two subs playing pushing 1500 watts rms at 1ohm just isn't hitting as hard as before. I feel it's the acu-bass. Unfortunately, I do not have a scope with graphics bar, that would fix things. Have to wait to get one.
As far as your other question. No 10 speaker in this car, just the four door speakers. I plan to add 6x9's or what can fit in the trunk area to blend in. Tha JL's. I will look into that. Need an upgrade from my current all sundown setup. Sundown is cool, but I need subs that play lower frequencys. My current subs top off at 34hz. I need a better box.
However, between work and family...
Whenever I have time. Hay, thanks again. When and when I get this problem all straightened out I will send new photos with a much better custom build.

Take it easy.

TheBelcherMan

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring Coupe
Country flag
I'll also try to put together my install pic's and notes. Hopefully help out some teenager, that picked up a used one. You know, audio upgrade will be #1 on their short list.
Cheer's all.