shah

First Name
Shah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017
Country flag
Im having trouble with moonroof one click open/ close feature, manual open close using button is working. Secondly auto roll down feature using keyfob has stopped functioning since one click stopped working.
Is there any moonroof reset procedure in 10th gen,

I have found below mentioned from driveaccord.net. Has somebody tested any of the methods below on 10th gen. To me these methods seems to be working for other cars.

Method 1:
TURN THE IGNITION TO THE ON POSITOIN

1. hold the auto open button and keep holding it until 3 seconds after the roof is open.
2. Hold the auto close button and hold until 3 seconds after the roof is closed.

Method 2: Moonroof glass is positioned in the OPEN position (or partially open)
1. Press the moonroof OPEN switch until the moonroof stops in its fully open position.
2. Release the moonroof OPEN switch.
3. Press the moonroof OPEN switch again for about 13 seconds .
NOTE: Keep pressing the switch even though the moonroof motor continues to function.
1. Calibration is complete. The moonroof will automatically move to the regular preset fully open position and come to stop.

Method 3: Moonroof glass is positioned in the TILT position
1. Press the moonroof OPEN switch until the moonroof glass stops in its fully open position.
3. Press the moonroof OPEN switch for about 13 seconds .
NOTE: Keep pressing the switch even through the moonroof glass will repeat an inching behavior (moving 40 mm , then stopping for 0.4 seconds )
1. Calibration is complete. The moonroof will automatically move to the regular preset fully open position and come to stop.

Method 4:
1. Close driver’s door, leave it closed during the whole procedure.
2. Turn ignition to LOCK (0).
3. Press and hold the tilt switch, and turn ignition to ON (II).
4. Release the tilt switch, and turn ignition to LOCK (0).
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 four times.
6. Check if the AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function still work. If they still work, the AUTO functions have not been cleared, go back to step 1. If AUTO functions have been cleared, go to step 7.
7. Press and hold the moonroof open switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonroof is fully opened.
8. Press and hold the moonroof close switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonrood is fully closed (tilted).
9. Confirm that the moonroof control unit is reset by using the moonroof AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function.
Sponsored

SimonF

First Name
Simon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2017 Sedan, Honda Civic 2007 Sedan
Country flag
Anyone tried?
The other day I closed my sunroof, got a strange noise (motor clicks) and it did not close 100%.
I removed the window, pressed on CLOSE and brackets went back in place. Then I re-installed the Window, seems in the right place. But, now it will not open or tilt although I hear the motor running: the window moves a bit but it ends up staying closed.

I will try a rest procedure in a few days when it will stop raining.
Anyone can confirm the right procedure?

Honda Civic 2017 EX Sensing.

bikejog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe. 2000 Honda Prelude (donated to charity).
Country flag
All methods listed in post #1 do not match the service manual procedure. There's service manual in the Type-R forum. In short

Start with Ignition off and Tilt Button not pressed.
  1. Press and hold Tilt switch
  2. Turn Ignition to ON
  3. Release Tilt switch
  4. Turn Ignition to OFF
  5. Repeat steps 1 thru 4 , four (or 3?) times.
  6. Check if Auto Open/Close still works. If still works, then failed, goto step #1.
  7. Press and hold moonroof close switch until moonroof is tilted fully open
  8. Check if Auto Open/Close now works.
Time between each steps from 1 thru 5 must be less than 5 seconds.

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th gen Moonroof Reset Procedure 1626221488911

Aly.qureshii

First Name
Ali Raza
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X
Im having trouble with moonroof one click open/ close feature, manual open close using button is working. Secondly auto roll down feature using keyfob has stopped functioning since one click stopped working.
Is there any moonroof reset procedure in 10th gen,

I have found below mentioned from driveaccord.net. Has somebody tested any of the methods below on 10th gen. To me these methods seems to be working for other cars.

Method 1:
TURN THE IGNITION TO THE ON POSITOIN

1. hold the auto open button and keep holding it until 3 seconds after the roof is open.
2. Hold the auto close button and hold until 3 seconds after the roof is closed.

Method 2: Moonroof glass is positioned in the OPEN position (or partially open)
1. Press the moonroof OPEN switch until the moonroof stops in its fully open position.
3. Press the moonroof OPEN switch again for about 13 seconds .
NOTE: Keep pressing the switch even though the moonroof motor continues to function.

Method 3: Moonroof glass is positioned in the TILT position
1. Press the moonroof OPEN switch until the moonroof glass stops in its fully open position.
3. Press the moonroof OPEN switch for about 13 seconds .
NOTE: Keep pressing the switch even through the moonroof glass will repeat an inching behavior (moving 40 mm , then stopping for 0.4 seconds )

Method 4:
1. Close driver’s door, leave it closed during the whole procedure.
2. Turn ignition to LOCK (0).
3. Press and hold the tilt switch, and turn ignition to ON (II).
4. Release the tilt switch, and turn ignition to LOCK (0).
5. Repeat steps 3 and 4 four times.
6. Check if the AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function still work. If they still work, the AUTO functions have not been cleared, go back to step 1. If AUTO functions have been cleared, go to step 7.
7. Press and hold the moonroof open switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonroof is fully opened.
8. Press and hold the moonroof close switch for at least 3 additional seconds after the moonrood is fully closed (tilted).
9. Confirm that the moonroof control unit is reset by using the moonroof AUTO OPEN and AUTO CLOSE function.
Same issue with me could you find any solution please tell me

Chilidog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic SI coupe
Country flag
RESOLVED

—- disconnect the negative and positive battery terminals — TOUCH THE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE WIRES FOR 1 minute!!!!

reconnect battery — sunroof works fine

Artee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T;
Country flag
FWIW I just used method 1 to fix the "bounce back" moonroof issue on my 2016 Civic 1.5. Posting this just to keep the thread alive as it is still an easy fix that works.
Sponsored