First Name
MCDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Hello to all CivicX members.
My 2017 Civic EX has had, & will always have, glitches in the in-car entertainment system. since new in 2016 to now, issues range from screen goes dark, " CHECK TUNER " for XM radio, no Apple Carplay, poor Android Auto function, Bluetooth connection issues, even intermittant power loss. several Honda dealers have either been unable to duplicate issues, or clears up in service drive, or been able to duplicate some problems, BUT there are NO repair ( s ) options EVER. per Honda Tech, all, and more, issues ARE KNOWN but no fix is available. Honda owners have to suck it up & tolerate the problems as long as they own the vehicle. with XM, I canceled subscription as over 5 times a week " CHECK TUNER " would display & no XM. multiple resets cleared only temporary.
tuner was replaced under " goodwill " by Honda only once ( tuner NOT a covered part under new or Honda Care warranties per Honda Tech ) but no joy.
there are no software updates & never will be > WAY outdated Android version & multiple attempts at Apple Carplay are to no avail. Honda badly failed at developing the 10th gen in-car entertainment system.
Sponsored

Dannybles

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic hatch ex
Country flag
Often my screen will glitch out (kinda like a pixelation thing) when I use the right turn signal and it goes from the cammer back to car play. Sometimes it does it just on its own but not as often and a few times it has just gone black out of nowhere and I have to turn the whole ass car off and on to fix it

lightthief

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black Civic Touring
Country flag
So it’s going to sound wild or like one a shill but another user found a “solution” to CarPlay headaches the same way I did.
Got a wireless CarPlay adapter like carplay2air and all my CarPlay issues went away. It connects without any issue 98% of the time.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/apple-carplay-constantly-disconnecting.75320/

If you have a 2017 there is definetly at least one firmware update thst the dealership can do for you but they will charge you $80-100 for it. They aren’t free.
It’s just bug fixes that add stability.

OP
OP

cvc17

First Name
MCDog
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
So it’s going to sound wild or like one a shill but another user found a “solution” to CarPlay headaches the same way I did.
Got a wireless CarPlay adapter like carplay2air and all my CarPlay issues went away. It connects without any issue 98% of the time.
https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/apple-carplay-constantly-disconnecting.75320/

If you have a 2017 there is definetly at least one firmware update thst the dealership can do for you but they will charge you $80-100 for it. They aren’t free.
It’s just bug fixes that add stability.
thanks for info.
Sponsored