Fritz Bastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
2019 honda civic si

I uploaded a video of it here;

Car is quiet when cruising anywhere in the rpm band except when i hit 2.1k rpms as you can notice in the video.
Vibration is coming from the center tunnel on the right side of the gas pedal. I tried poking around the car and found that its the gloss black panel beside the gas pedal that’s vibrating hard when cruising in certain rpms ( 2.1 k rpm, 3.1k rpm, 4k rpm and above when downshifting
Is anyone else having this in their civic?
Sponsored

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
hard to understand from that video but I am getting a weird noise from center console area where we keep phone. I am trying to hunt down that noise and i will post a thread if I solve it

OP
OP
Bastien.E

Bastien.E

First Name
Fritz Bastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
hard to understand from that video but I am getting a weird noise from center console area where we keep phone. I am trying to hunt down that noise and i will post a thread if I solve it
Whatever you heard from that video IS the vibration. The engine noise is hardly audible from that video. You can tell at the start its very quiet but once it reaches 2.1k rpms you hear something.
By the way are you hearing the same type of noise from your car?

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
Whatever you heard from that video IS the vibration. The engine noise is hardly audible from that video. You can tell at the start its very quiet but once it reaches 2.1k rpms you hear something.
By the way are you hearing the same type of noise from your car?
I couldn't figure out the noise from the video because youtube compresses the audio and also cellphone is not the best thing.

I am experiencing a weird noise from the area where we keep our phone. I will try to teardown the console this weekend and try to solve it

OP
OP
Bastien.E

Bastien.E

First Name
Fritz Bastien
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Honda Civic SI sedan
Country flag
[Solved] [partially]
I took apart my whole glovebox assembly
using this video i found on youtube :
With help from my brother revving the engine, I started hunting where the rattle is coming from. I have come to the conclusion that it is coming from the inside of the main vent assembly which can be seem here;
Honda Civic 10th gen 10th gen honda civic si center tunnel vibration / rattling In certain rpms 1630BA26-0C09-4419-A8EE-3D9110C70845

So there is really no way for me to directly solve the rattle without taking apart the vent assembly which involves disconnecting some wiring and delicate moving parts especially those white disc gears you see in the picture, these things close the flaps in the vent when you change your climate control.

So I did the next best thing which is inserting insulation foam literally everywhere around the vent assembly where I could fit them in ( for example, check where the white arrows are pointing in the picture).

Heres an important place to insert foam insulation in. Between the top of the vent and the plastic ceiling above it, check the video below;

Doing these steps solved the problem for me mostly in the lower rpms where i drive daily so this is a big win for me. But when I get around 4.5k rpms and above the rattling can be heard still but it is very muted and tolerable compared to before. Overall happy with my small rattle hunting project.

Will post an update here if any rattle comes back to haunt me again.
Sponsored

Last edited: