Kiara1999

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2020
Country flag
Hey guys so I was wondering if you guys had any alternative to flex fuel, since I live in Canada there’s no ethanol and I want to reach that 350whp. I currently have ;

greddy-ddr exhaust
PRL cobra CAI
PRL intercooler
PRL big turbo kit
PRL downpipe and frontpipe
Custom Tune
ACT clutch & flywheel
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly, before you even think about tuning for that much power, consider beefing up your hatch's internals. Bent hatch rods are a thing.

Last edited:

rwk226

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 BMW 535xi N55
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
350whp in a FK7 is rather difficult, as mentioned above, due to rods being weakest in the 10th Gen Civic lineup. The Sedan and Coupes have stronger rods, with the Si being the strongest. IF you are serious about going 350whp (and don't have a CVT), I highly recommend this TSP built shortblock, or at the very least upgrading your rods. If you have a CVT, I have no idea how it'll hold up past 300whp as that's the most I recall seeing.

Or as sLing has rightfully recommended, FK8. Shortblock alone will run you $3-5k, FBO will run another $2k, turbo is another $1500-2500 depending on who you buy from, then you need to (probably) pay someone to install all the major components, then get custom tuned. By that point, you're awfully close to FK8 territory, with no warranty. Just food for thought.

OP
OP

Kiara1999

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2020
Country flag
350whp in a FK7 is rather difficult, as mentioned above, due to rods being weakest in the 10th Gen Civic lineup. The Sedan and Coupes have stronger rods, with the Si being the strongest. IF you are serious about going 350whp (and don't have a CVT), I highly recommend this TSP built shortblock, or at the very least upgrading your rods. If you have a CVT, I have no idea how it'll hold up past 300whp as that's the most I recall seeing.

Or as sLing has rightfully recommended, FK8. Shortblock alone will run you $3-5k, FBO will run another $2k, turbo is another $1500-2500 depending on who you buy from, then you need to (probably) pay someone to install all the major components, then get custom tuned. By that point, you're awfully close to FK8 territory, with no warranty. Just food for thought.
Thanks for your reply, I’Il make sure to check out the TSP Shortblock you mentioned.

jconnway

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport Hatch 2017 Sport Hatch
Country flag

Great response.

it’s not so much a matter of can you but SHOULD you, for all the money it would cost to get to the level OP wants, he may as well just go for an FK8

TeamDT

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX
Country flag
GO with water methanol injection , single fogger or 4 port,
does the Job,
How much are you making with your current setup?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
GO with water methanol injection , single fogger or 4 port,
does the Job,
How much are you making with your current setup?
Yep. Great advice. He'll end up in my failures thread.

Like I said earlier, he can't do it safely on stock internals. You do realize the limitations of his stock engine, right?

TeamDT

First Name
Mia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CivicX
Country flag
Yep. Great advice. He'll end up in my failures thread.

Like I said earlier, he can't do it safely on stock internals. You do realize the limitations of his stock engine, right?
I completely understand your concern and I'm also aware of the fact that the connecting rods are thinner and weak in Hatch,
But I am Sure he wont be making past 250Whp on pump Gas,

my advice was just on unavailability of E85 in Canada.

Cheers.
Sponsored