First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I mean I get that they gotta make money, and I believe the sales manager when he said they literally give all their dealer cash to the customer as a discount. They have the lowest advertised prices in a 400 mile radius of my location, and no one else could beat that price. The bank gives them money to finance through them, so that's how they make money on the new car sales.

The finance manager kept telling me just pay it off right away but you do have to finance this much lol.

She didn't even say please give us 90 days or anything like that.
Their statement is contradictory to what I've seen posted everywhere, and it's very interesting if true. Honestly, I wouldn't have an issue giving a dealer 90 days, if that's what they needed to get paid. However, I have zero sympathy for car dealers and their ability to make money. That's between them and Honda (or whatever manufacturer they sell for.)

PS- don't forget to fix your avatar sig. You are no longer" '20 Si Sedan soon".
Sponsored

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
That's actually not a terrible deal on an Si. Congrats.
And, I agree with you on paying it off. Dealers have no right dictating how we pay for cars, including making demands on what bank or loan amount. If that's what it took to get the deal\car you wanted, then so be it. Enjoy writing that big FU check.
Yeah, $23,800 is a good deal, I agree. That's about $500 better than I got buying in July. Deals have been getting gradually worse on Si's, since April/May.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I mean I get that they gotta make money, and I believe the sales manager when he said they literally give all their dealer cash to the customer as a discount. They have the lowest advertised prices in a 400 mile radius of my location, and no one else could beat that price. The bank gives them money to finance through them, so that's how they make money on the new car sales.

The finance manager kept telling me just pay it off right away but you do have to finance this much lol.

She didn't even say please give us 90 days or anything like that.
They don't ever tell you that if you don't ask, but they will lose the incentive if you pay it off too early. I asked my dealer and they said 6 months is their cutoff to lose the bonus. He said it won't matter if I pay most of it off, as long I don't completely pay it off before 6 months. They thanked me for asking.

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Toyota Corolla, '12 Honda Pilot
Country flag
Put a deposit down for a blue one yesterday and should be in hopefully by late Sept or early Oct. This is the hypothetical on what I'd be paying (state of NC). At this point I'm being pessimistic and not expecting any manufacturer incentives. Supposedly the Propack = Wheel Locks, Splash Guards, and rubber trunk mat which they include on all vehicles. My goal when it comes time to negotiate is aiming for $27k.

How many of you got something like a "propack" that a dealershipo does for every car? Pretty easy to tell them to shove it and take it off?

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay? 1597167077781

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
Put a deposit down for a blue one yesterday and should be in hopefully by late Sept or early Oct. This is the hypothetical on what I'd be paying (state of NC). At this point I'm being pessimistic and not expecting any manufacturer incentives. Supposedly the Propack = Wheel Locks, Splash Guards, and rubber trunk mat which they include on all vehicles. My goal when it comes time to negotiate is aiming for $27k.

How many of you got something like a "propack" that a dealershipo does for every car? Pretty easy to tell them to shove it and take it off?

1597167077781.png
Definitely tell them to take it off, in my experience that's just wheel locks, trunk mat, and mud flaps. One dealer said they can't take it off as they put it on every vehicle that comes in. If the car is still in transit then they're full of shit. Unfortunately I believe they have to drill holes in the wheel well for the mud flaps so they may not be willing to take them off, but you can ask them to drop the sales price to match the cost or you're not interested.

If they mention undercoating/nitrogen they're super full of shit.

I was able to get them to remove the dealer add-ons off my quote easily since the car was still in transit.

jayman84

First Name
Jamey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 PWP Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Posted in the other thread but I put a $500 deposit on a si sedan for $24,360 which is the lowest i've seen offered around for a while. Salesman even said his boss kept asking where in the hell this pricing is coming from but it was listed right on autotrader. Seems like a decent deal correct?

VTECFern

First Name
F
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping for a 2020 SI
Country flag
Shopping around in Miami FL, best OTD including TTL + Fees has been like $27.2K.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions for me?

NDFong

First Name
Jin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 civic si
Country flag
Shopping around in Miami FL, best OTD including TTL + Fees has been like $27.2K.

Anyone have any advice or suggestions for me?
Try using truecar.com that’s what I did back in March

Honda Civic 10th gen 10th gen CIVIC SI - What did you pay? E09EB431-459C-45A8-B337-262240170AA4

BMatt021

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Focus SE
Country flag
Man.. looking for 25k-25.5k OTD here in Wisconsin is like pulling teeth. Haven't had any luck thus far.

Looking for either a blue or white 2020 coupe.

JTPitsch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' M2, 18' CW CTR, 20' Civic Si
Country flag
Man.. looking for 25k-25.5k OTD here in Wisconsin is like pulling teeth. Haven't had any luck thus far.

Looking for either a blue or white 2020 coupe.
I just spent 2 weeks of my life trying to get under MSRP in the Milwaukee/Chicago area and they will not budge. The internet price they gave me was great then when I went in there they all want over MSRP for the Si. They are treating them like they are a mythic unicorn.... I'm like dude its just a Civic.

Long story short I got jerked around by David Hobbs Honda and Honda of Racine so don't even try them. I ended up in Shaumburg Honda which they were awesome so try and talk to them since they are not messing around and save yourself the headache unless you want to wait and see.

Last edited:

MrAmAzn

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 Toyota Corolla, '12 Honda Pilot
Country flag
I just spent 2 week fo my life trying to get under MSRP in the Milwaukee/Chicago area and they will not budge. The internet price they gave me was great then when I went in there they all want over MSRP for the Si. They are treating them like they are a mythic unicorn.... I'm like dude its just a Civic.

Long story short I got jerked around by David Hobbs Honda and Honda of Racine so don't even try them. I ended up in Shaumburg Honda which they were awesome so try and talk to them since they are not messing around and save yourself the headache unless you want to wait and see.
Was your sale price below MSRP?

JTPitsch

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' M2, 18' CW CTR, 20' Civic Si
Country flag
Was your sale price below MSRP?
It was $25.5k including destination which usually ends up being $26.1k normally. Just go to their site and request a price. It was the best I could do and at this point that is fine by me since my time is worth more than the few bucks I saved and I am just glad my complete crap show of a shopping experience is over with. I have never in my life had such a horrible time trying to buy a car let alone anything.

jimmyreal

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Civic Si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just spent 2 week fo my life trying to get under MSRP in the Milwaukee/Chicago area and they will not budge.
It was the same in NC when I bought a few months back. There were 7-8 Si in transit to 4-5 different dealers in the area and all quoted MSRP. I've been following up but it doesn't seem like Si sit on lots around here long enough for dealers to consider offers.

I paid MSRP + doc./tax/title fees, but at least got the color I wanted + bone stock, since I put down $500 refundable for first refusal.
Sponsored