First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
New 2020 White SI Sedan - Dealer add-ons were wheel locks, nitrogen, and pinstripe (Not that I wanted any of those)
MD for 6% tax, no trade.

$26,250 OTD
Not that you wanted it, is right. Nitrogen is installed in the factory and pin stripes? What is this, 2003?
But, the bottom line is I think you got a decent deal. Which dealer in Md?
Sponsored

BoostinIX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan
Country flag
Not that you wanted it, is right. Nitrogen is installed in the factory and pin stripes? What is this, 2003?
It's basically their way to tack on an extra grand or so lol. I think I did. It was at the upper edge of what I was comfortable paying, and I'm happy with the car (was even the color I wanted). On top of that, CarMax gave 5k for my '13 BRZ with 204k miles sooo. That eased the purchase a bit :cool: Went to Jim Coleman Honda in Clarksville.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Mazda3 5sp manual, 2012 Genesis sedan
Country flag
Just put a deposit down on a new SI in transit arriving in a couple weeks. I was quoted 23.5k including the ridiculously priced doc fee (no add-ons) before TTL. It was the cheapest I got inside a 4 hour drive and no one else could get me to that price.
How much is your total out the door going to be?

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I am not sure what Honda is doing about the SI for 2021 model year.... I believe I read somewhere that either they would not be available or they would just be 2020 models carried on until the 2022 model year.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
I am not sure what Honda is doing about the SI for 2021 model year.... I believe I read somewhere that either they would not be available or they would just be 2020 models carried on until the 2022 model year.
That's what I heard from a sales rep as well, it's also been talked about in other buying threads. Definitely no actual '2021' model, new 22 models supposed to be announced in spring with fall delivery.

MorrisGray

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I also read that Honda is no longer offering the manual in the Accord 2.0L.
Not sure about the 1.5L motor.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Finally was able to find and purchase a blue Si sedan, previously dealers wouldn't budge from MSRP. This one agreed to my offer but then said MSRP when I walked in. I started walking out and then they eventually came down to $1000 off MSRP, but also a great trade thanks to having a Carmax offer in hand of $11,500 for my 2017 Sport hatch, which KBB valued at $9500 (their original offer), and Honda's website at $10,500. The car has I'd guess $2000 worth of scratches and damage and doesn't have the original sport wheels so I was very happy with the trade.

So please don't pay MSRP. I could probably have done better but tired of the car search. Only white is fairly easy to find right now. Blue, gray and red are tough.

TypeX

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ASPEC RDX
Country flag

Dealers add on the nitrofill bs one to skim $ off the top and allow them to opt you in for text alerts for ‘checking tire pressure’ which lures the old into service & then are cross sold on other ‘maint items’ like overpriced cabin filters lol

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
Got my car in! The price went up 1K since apparently Honda's August dealer incentives/cash went away. After fighting over it, they wouldn't budge on the new sales price of 23.8 versus the 22.8 I was quoted a few weeks ago. With the absurd dealer fee of $700, sales price was 24.5, plus TTL, 26.5k OTD.

The catch was I had to finance with one of their banks and a minimum of 20k. I'll be paying it off as soon as the paperwork comes in the mail.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
Got my car in! The price went up 1K since apparently Honda's August dealer incentives/cash went away. After fighting over it, they wouldn't budge on the new sales price of 23.8 versus the 22.8 I was quoted a few weeks ago. With the absurd dealer fee of $700, sales price was 24.5, plus TTL, 26.5k OTD.

The catch was I had to finance with one of their banks and a minimum of 20k. I'll be paying it off as soon as the paperwork comes in the mail.
I got mine on the last day of July, guess I got lucky - sorry you missed that but the car's a bargain even at MSRP. And resale on 2020s will be great imo, unless the 2022 has the 2.0T of course. ;)

kimtyson

First Name
Kim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Blue Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

That's actually not a terrible deal on an Si. Congrats.
And, I agree with you on paying it off. Dealers have no right dictating how we pay for cars, including making demands on what bank or loan amount. If that's what it took to get the deal\car you wanted, then so be it. Enjoy writing that big FU check.

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
That's actually not a terrible deal on an Si. Congrats.
And, I agree with you on paying it off. Dealers have no right dictating how we pay for cars, including making demands on what bank or loan amount. If that's what it took to get the deal\car you wanted, then so be it. Enjoy writing that big FU check.
I mean I get that they gotta make money, and I believe the sales manager when he said they literally give all their dealer cash to the customer as a discount. They have the lowest advertised prices in a 400 mile radius of my location, and no one else could beat that price. The bank gives them money to finance through them, so that's how they make money on the new car sales.

The finance manager kept telling me just pay it off right away but you do have to finance this much lol.

She didn't even say please give us 90 days or anything like that.
Sponsored